Options

REO Speedwagon

scottcolbathscottcolbath Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
edited April 8, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
I have media credentials for the week out at WestWorld for Az Bike Week. Friday night was REO Speedwagon.

In the center is Dave Amato. He and I are from Framingham, Mass. When I was 16 and sneaking into clubs to watch him play, he was probably 20 or so. Back in the 1970s, he was the local guitar hero, and he went on to play with Ted Nugent, Cher and others, before settling in with REO.
We chatted a while about the old days. I asked if he remembered my old band or any of the members. The answer was no, and I was not shocked. :D But he did recall all the old clubs we used to frequent and plenty of other good times back in the day.

IMG1500-XL.jpg

Before the gig when he and I were chatting.

IMG1421-XL.jpg

Kevin Cronin, lead singer.

IMG1465-XL.jpg

Not a bad night, overall.

IMG1520-XL.jpg

Shots are with my Canon 5D Mk2 and 7D with the ISO cranked up to 2K. Lenses were 10-22 EF-S, 24-70 L 2.8 and 85mm F/1.8. The rest of the pics are here:

http://www.yarnellpics.com/Concerts/REO-Speedwagon-Az-Bike-Week/22202998_VGNL2Q#!i=1773078127&k=X2Q77vJ

S.C.

Comments

• Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2012
    Great set and story--and I love REO--one of my favorite bands when I was in college in the late 70s. Now, it's time for me to fly.....

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2012
    Gotta love REO & AZ bike week... woo hoo... good times both...

NICE SET...
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    SpotzoSpotzo Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    Very nice, even the high ISO shots look great!