Options

My trip to Bermuda: A comedy of Errors and misfortune

indulgentsoulindulgentsoul Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited April 8, 2012 in Journeys
My trip to Bermuda was a comedy of errors and misfortune. I have done a write-up but its descriptive and would take lot of space on this forum. Since it wouldn’t be appropriate to distract the members with lot of pros, here’s the link to the real story (Bermuda Info, My internet dilemma and trip back home).

I hope you enjoy the pictures….critics and comments welcome both on the pics and the the trip.

Nick

The Crystal caves :
they say, the spikes grow at a rate of an inch per 100yrs.

213131852-L.jpg

Harbour:
This was taken in Hamilton a nice colurful town which reminds you of Miami.
213133627-L.jpg

The Light House at St David's
Loved the light house for its inviting colour combination.

213134864-L.jpg

Sea Rock
I dont know why I shot this picture.....i still cant explain it....but I like this the most.
213137379-L.jpg

Horse shoe beach ( the most famous tourist beach in Bermuda):
213137141-L.jpg

Bermudian House: bermudian houses are known for their spectacular white roofs and the exquisite views overlooking the sea.

213137627-L.jpg

Last but not the least I had to leave my mark on Bermuda...so this is what I came up with :D
(I liked the snap as along with the footprint it also captures the water droplet marks. Gives the feeling of someone just came out of the sea and was running with the water driping off the feet. Thus the water complementing the footprint with its own imprint.)

213134285-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November 26, 2007
    Hiya,

Have I done anything wrong ...broken any forum rules while posting ?

Surprising no one replied....so just wondering

Nick
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    My trip to Bermuda was a comedy of errors and misfortune. I have done a write-up but its descriptive and would take lot of space on this forum. Since it wouldn’t be appropriate to distract the members with lot of pros, here’s the link to the real story (Bermuda Info, My internet dilemma and trip back home).
    I hope you enjoy the pictures….critics and comments welcome both on the pics and the the trip.

Nick

The Crystal caves :
    they say, the spikes grow at a rate of an inch per 100yrs.

Harbour:
    This was taken in Hamilton a nice colurful town which reminds you of Miami.

The Light House at St David's
    Loved the light house for its inviting colour combination.

Sea Rock
    I dont know why I shot this picture.....i still cant explain it....but I like this the most.

Horse shoe beach ( the most famous tourist beach in Bermuda):

Bermudian House: bermudian houses are known for their spectacular white roofs and the exquisite views overlooking the sea.

Last but not the least I had to leave my mark on Bermuda...so this is what I came up with :D
    (I liked the snap as along with the footprint it also captures the water droplet marks. Gives the feeling of someone just came out of the sea and was running with the water driping off the feet. Thus the water complementing the footprint with its own imprint.)

Hi Nick.......you didn't do anything wrong,
    Sometimes the forum is a bit slow :D

Those caves look amazing, the lighting in there good.
    Do they have small boats in there too to explore the cave??

Looks like you had quite an adventure.

I love the first and the last shots .... a single foot print.

.... thanks for sharing your journey
    ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    eenusaeenusa Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2007
    Thanks for sharing. Your photos brought back some great memories of our Oct 2001 cruise to Bermuda. Our ship docked in Hamilton for three days and we did a lot of exploring, using the public busses to get around. One of our fondest memories is climbing a coral cliff face at Warwick Beach to get back on track to the path from the beach to the main road. Did not have a chance to visit the caves then; will have to go back someday.

Reading your trip report, you certainly had an interesting dilemma in your quest to get some work done.

P.S. Re: posting in journeys. I posted my first journey here yesterday and was surprised I didn't get more than one hit as well. I'm chalking it up to the Thanksgiving Holiday :cry .
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2007
    Skippy wrote:

Do they have small boats in there too to explore the cave??.

Thanks Skippy, yes they do have boat but not for going exploring ...as there isnt enough space around the cave...the boats are basically for the divers who go underwater exploring the caves.....when they switch of the lights its quite and dark...def not for the faint hearted....and those divers definetly have tremenddous courage to do that down there. I for one cant do that. Hats off to those guys ...for exploring the caves ad bringing it to the notice of so many of us.
    Skippy wrote:
    Looks like you had quite an adventure.
    Yup ..its was fun and weird too but enjoyed it.

Skippy wrote:
    I love the first and the last shots .... a single foot print.
    Thanks Skippy.
    My pleasure
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2007
    eenusa wrote:
    Thanks for sharing. Your photos brought back some great memories of our Oct 2001 cruise to Bermuda. Our ship docked in Hamilton for three days and we did a lot of exploring, using the public busses to get around. One of our fondest memories is climbing a coral cliff face at Warwick Beach to get back on track to the path from the beach to the main road. Did not have a chance to visit the caves then; will have to go back someday.
    Yes Warwick beach is fantastic ....and those tracks are lovely...i think they call them the Railway trail ...it so beautiful looking out from the beach..its a bliss

yup the caves are lovely as well ....hope you enjor ur next trip there :D

eenusa wrote:
    Reading your trip report, you certainly had an interesting dilemma in your quest to get some work done.
    Yeah that was the toughest one. bowdown.gif never ever again will I leave my laptop behind.
    eenusa wrote:

P.S. Re: posting in journeys. I posted my first journey here yesterday and was surprised I didn't get more than one hit as well. I'm chalking it up to the Thanksgiving Holiday :cry .
    thumb.gif you got a post waiting for you ...thanks for taking time to look at my snaps .
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited November 29, 2007
    Hiya,

Have I done anything wrong ...broken any forum rules while posting ?

Surprising no one replied....so just wondering

Nick

Nope. Nothing wrong here.

Also, this particular forum is meant for travel tales. So if you want to write
    to your hearts content, feel free.

Wonderful report too!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2007
    ian408 wrote:
    Nope. Nothing wrong here.

Also, this particular forum is meant for travel tales. So if you want to write
    to your hearts content, feel free.

will do :D
    ian408 wrote:

Wonderful report too!

thank you :D
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    What a great story (i read the real story link too). I went to Bermuda on a cruise ship stop, but that was just a short visit. Sure looks like you had a great time exploring. (wish i could have done the same in the DR).

Thanks for sharing.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    ...ohh and by the way...your flight delay made me think of the time we were basically locked in the St. Thomas airport for 10 hours (with only one blanket and pillow per family and no food) and that was after sitting on the runway for 3 hours! eek7.gif we always said we could have swam to NY faster. (but your story...OMG)
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    DizzleDizzle Registered Users Posts: 240 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    Brings back many memories of childhood. My dad is a Bermuda native and much of my paternal family still resides in Hamilton. I had the pleasure of going to visit them for an extended stay when I was just 9 and loved walking out in to the blue water that I could see the fish swimming in.

Your sea rocks pic reminds of the spot that we used to go play in near my dads old family home. Probably not the same spot, but evoked a nice memory for me.

Great pics!
    Dizzle
    DeNic Photography | Portfolio | Group Blog
    Canon 50D | 50 1.8 | 17-50 2.8 | 70-200 4L
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    I love the cave shot!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    I love the cave shot!!!!
    thank you.
    ...ohh and by the way...your flight delay made me think of the time we were basically locked in the St. Thomas airport for 10 hours (with only one blanket and pillow per family and no food) and that was after sitting on the runway for 3 hours! eek7.gifwe always said we could have swam to NY faster. (but your story...OMG)
    Wow..these airlines can be stingy ….no food …though I wouldn’t mind spending time on the runway …never done that before …what a place to get some great snaps. But I do understand how frustrating it can be when it is a unplanned stop.

Thanks for reading the story.

TNicole wrote:
    Brings back many memories of childhood. My dad is a Bermuda native and much of my paternal family still resides in Hamilton. I had the pleasure of going to visit them for an extended stay when I was just 9 and loved walking out in to the blue water that I could see the fish swimming in.

Your sea rocks pic reminds of the spot that we used to go play in near my dads old family home. Probably not the same spot, but evoked a nice memory for me.

Great pics!
    What more could I ask out of photograph than evoking some great memories for fellow members.
    The photo was taken at horse shoe beach. As you enter the beach, you will notice a path on the right leading to this rock formation which sits in a small pond size sea water pool.
    Ps: My sister on looking at the snaps and has decided to spend her Honeymoon in Bermuda. I got more out of the snaps than I could have possibly imagined. clap.gif
  • Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,947 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2012
    Never have gotten to the caves in six visits. They look beautiful. But I don't think my knees would take it
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”