Options

Printing instagram photos

rt2photort2photo Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
edited April 13, 2012 in The Big Picture
I use instagram on my iPhone 4s and due to it's "always with me" nature, it's got some great moments of my family and son and I'd like to make some thinwrap prints of them.

Has anyone done this? Whats the biggest size you'd expect to get, and keep them relatively clean? I know I'm not going to be able to blow them up huge, and I know they aren't going to be tack sharp - thats not the point - but I'd love to collect a few for my cube walls at work :)

Comments

• Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2012
    You could switch to Camera Awesome http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/camera-awesome/id420744028?ls=1&mt=8 and do uploads to SmugMug where there are lots of ways to make prints.
    rt2photo wrote: »
    I use instagram on my iPhone 4s and due to it's "always with me" nature, it's got some great moments of my family and son and I'd like to make some thinwrap prints of them.

Has anyone done this? Whats the biggest size you'd expect to get, and keep them relatively clean? I know I'm not going to be able to blow them up huge, and I know they aren't going to be tack sharp - thats not the point - but I'd love to collect a few for my cube walls at work :)
  • Options
    rt2photort2photo Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2012
    Dan7312 wrote: »
    You could switch to Camera Awesome http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/camera-awesome/id420744028?ls=1&mt=8 and do uploads to SmugMug where there are lots of ways to make prints.

I could - but I already have photos taken in Instagram, and frankly, I find the sharing functionality of Awesome way too fiddly for my purposes (take pic, quick edit, post to several networks at once)
  • Options
    PhotogWadePhotogWade Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 13, 2012
    Full disclosure: I work for CanvasPop. They can print Instagram photo's straight off your Instagram account. There are 2 size options 12X12 and 20X20. You just log into your Instagram account through canvaspop.com, choose the photo's, framing options and you're good to go. All the printing is done on canvas and comes fully framed ready to hang. The canvas's are priced very well and the quality is top notch! Check them out!