Options

DPP vs LR4

CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
edited April 13, 2012 in Finishing School
Alrighty then... why would I use Canon DPP over LR4? It seems they both do the same thing... Though I do see a tool tab for ALO & NR. Would both be used... one then the other or is one to replace the other?
What are pros & cons to Canon DPP over LR4 ?

thanks
I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
www.iWasThereToo.com

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,815 moderator
    edited April 13, 2012
    Moved to the Finishing School forum, where you'll find other discussions of software.

Carry on.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,815 moderator
    edited April 13, 2012
    Cowboydoug wrote: »
    Alrighty then... why would I use Canon DPP over LR4? It seems they both do the same thing... Though I do see a tool tab for ALO & NR. Would both be used... one then the other or is one to replace the other?
    What are pros & cons to Canon DPP over LR4 ?

thanks

Canon's DPP, Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw (as part of any recent Photoshop suite) are all decent enough Raw file processing engines. While they all process Raw files, they do vary in methodology and capability.

I suggest trying each to see which matches your needs and workflow. There is no absolute best in this bunch.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2012
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Canon's DPP, Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw (as part of any recent Photoshop suite) are all decent enough Raw file processing engines. While they all process Raw files, they do vary in methodology and capability.

I suggest trying each to see which matches your needs and workflow. There is no absolute best in this bunch.

Thanks Ziggy... seems people like the DPP well enough... I guess i will just have to give it a peek-see... Im so ensconced with Adobe its hard to think of yet another program....
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com