"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2012
    #3 Showcased at OMP! :ivar
  • djamesdjames Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2012
    Nikoli I kept coming back and looking at this series. The more I looked, the more I liked your concept. Your lighting skills and model placement are excellant as always. The last one was unusual and almost made me think Boo! gotcha
    http://www.djames-photography.com
    In this great big world around us, we will find what we are looking for! What we do with it is up to us to decide.
    Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Zuiko 14-45 Zuiko 40-150 Sigma 50-500 Zuiko 18-180 4-AB800 strobes, 1AB-400 stobe, 4 softboxes, brolly box, umbrellas etc.
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2012
    All I can say is WOW!! Everything from the make-up to the poses, and the models expressions, combined with your excellent lighting, make these look like a puppet. The only thing that gives it away is that there is no strings going to the legs. If you ever use this theme again, how about putting a black screen directly behind her only about head height, with another model protruding over the top of the backdrop pretending to make the puppet move. I'm sure that if anyone could figure out how to make it look correct you'd be the one! Maybe do it as one of your comp's using the same model for both. ne_nau.gif

Anyway, I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
    edited March 14, 2012
    djames wrote: »
    Nikoli I kept coming back and looking at this series. The more I looked, the more I liked your concept. Your lighting skills and model placement are excellant as always. The last one was unusual and almost made me think Boo! gotcha

Thank you, Dennis! thumb.gif
    Yeah, the last was supposed to be exactly that! mwink.gifrofl
    edited March 14, 2012
    BroPhoto wrote: »
    All I can say is WOW!! Everything from the make-up to the poses, and the models expressions, combined with your excellent lighting, make these look like a puppet. The only thing that gives it away is that there is no strings going to the legs. If you ever use this theme again, how about putting a black screen directly behind her only about head height, with another model protruding over the top of the backdrop pretending to make the puppet move. I'm sure that if anyone could figure out how to make it look correct you'd be the one! Maybe do it as one of your comp's using the same model for both. ne_nau.gif

Anyway, I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

GaryB

Gary, thank you for commenting and suggestion! thumb.gif
    I like your idea of adding the puppet master! clap.gif
    This one was a bit impromptu, but now that we know it works we may plan for a "puppet show" more thoroughly...mwink.gif
  • DemianDemian Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2012
    WOW! I love this set, Nikolai!

All of them are pretty good, but I really think #2 is a step above the rest. In particular, her expressionless face really creates the image of a marionette. Such a beautiful image...
    edited March 14, 2012
    Demian wrote: »
    WOW! I love this set, Nikolai!

All of them are pretty good, but I really think #2 is a step above the rest. In particular, her expressionless face really creates the image of a marionette. Such a beautiful image...

Thanks Demian, glad you like it! thumb.gif
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2012
    These are awesome Nikolai. Favorite is the second image and only nit on that one is whatever object is behind her (a chair?).
    edited March 14, 2012
    eoren1 wrote: »
    These are awesome Nikolai. Favorite is the second image and only nit on that one is whatever object is behind her (a chair?).
    Thanks Eyal!
    Yes a chair. We were playing with sitting/standing poses around...
  • rojam1000rojam1000 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited April 18, 2012
    interesting concept enjoyed all of them