Options

Finally My Flower Is OUT

SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
edited October 9, 2005 in Holy Macro
Hi there folks..........I put some new plants in my yard in an effort to attract birds and butterflies.........well it's finally happened :clap :clap they have finally flowered whooooooohooooooooo!!!! :clap :clap and they look so pretty.
The one in the front yard has only one flower on it, and the one in the backyard has two flowers on it, really big flowers they are too.

If you look really really closely you can even see a couple of ants :D
Enjoy......but I got the real thing so I'm enjoying it all the more :lol4

IMG_8481Ed_filtered.jpg
Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2005
    Beauty skip...i love one colour shots clap.gif
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2005
    Thanks Gus
    Humungus wrote:
    Beauty skip...i love one colour shots clap.gif
    The two out the back are pinkish and the out the front is RED :D I'm so happy that they actually lived.......I'm no gardner I tell ya.

Thanks for looking ..... Skippy (Australia)

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2005
    Oh it's lovely Skippy. Great shot. I'm with Gus the one colour draws more attention to the form which is so nice.clap.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2005
    Superb pic of a lovely flower Skippy.
    Any idea what it is?

Brian V.
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2005
    That's a good flower pic there Skipper. I like the color. You got a really deep DOF.

Congrats also on nurturing it to maturity. I couldn't grow a plant to save my life.
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2005
    Hi there Brian
    Superb pic of a lovely flower Skippy.
    Any idea what it is?

Brian V.
    This flower is the State flower of N.S.W here in Australia its a Waratah, or belongs to the Waratah family this particular one is called "Shady Lady"

They are just beautiful the plant itself sort of looks scrawny but when those flowers come out boy oh boy are they ever so pretty.

I didn't know you could grow them here in Victoria down this far anyways.
    The plant is an Australian Native, next Winter I need to move it cause I think I put it a little too close to the fence.

Hey Brian I took it using your Macro Setup :D it worked beautifully clap.gif
    Thanks for the help.......... Skippy (Australia)

• Options
    edited October 9, 2005
    Thank You
    rahmonster wrote:
    Oh it's lovely Skippy. Great shot. I'm with Gus the one colour draws more attention to the form which is so nice.clap.gif
    I have no idea how long the flowers last, but when it gets bigger what a beautiful shrub it will be once it matures and has more flowers :D
    The pink one is a different shape to the one out the front but they are both from the Waratah family........thanks for looking...... Skippy (Australia)

• Options
    edited October 9, 2005
    Hi Phil
    Phil U. wrote:
    That's a good flower pic there Skipper. I like the color. You got a really deep DOF.

Congrats also on nurturing it to maturity. I couldn't grow a plant to save my life.
    I wasn't sure this plant would do any good either, cause I am no good at gardening......I like to have plants and stuff that don't require a lot of maintenance cause I just don't have the time, and when I do have time I want to use that time doing other things not pulling out weeds :D

This photo realy doesn't do the plant justice at all.......thanks for the comment.
    Skippy (Australia)