RapidFetcher - Bulk download galleries for Mac/Win/Linux

Comments

• scotismanscotisman Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    We had the same problem with trying to pull large galleries (and more of ours have over 5000 photos each gallery). We switched to using "FireUploader"

You must be a Mozilla; firefox user (so not internet explorer) but all of this is free to download and easy to navigate if you're not accustomed to firefox.

Allie

Thanks for the suggestion, Allie, but FireUploader is not at all what we were looking for. (Had already looked at it, and passed. It needs a more polished user interface. It tries too hard to be anything anyone might ever need for anything, and misses on the KISS design idea. Also, I'm a Chrome user. on a multi core system, firefox is too clunky.)
  • scotismanscotisman Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2010
    So, the more I play with it, the more convinced I become that RapidFetcher is having a memory leak. I am not sure if it time running or number downloaded that is causing the problem (likely both), but I can see it slowly pushing my memory from 45% used after I first launch it and reach 79% used by the time it dies.
  • gForcegForce Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 18, 2010
    rapidFetcher crashes on big libraries
    Hey Ram,

I absolutely love RapidFetcher. However, I tried to download quite a big library twice, and on both times the program crashed leaving me with about 160 pictures of about 400 of the gallery. It seems like some kind of a memory leak, as the computer (iMac) runs really slow when rapidFetcher is fetching...

I'm using version 0.54 - Are you aware of such a bug?

Omer
  • cpacamille3400cpacamille3400 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 11, 2011
    Rapid Fetcher problems
    I am trying to use rapid fetcher to download my photos from smugmug. I recently lost a hard drive and would like to get my photos back on my computer. I have downloaded the program, but when I select the files and hit download it puts the pictures in que but does not download them What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
  • gillatgillat Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2011
    The latest non-AIR version doesn't work. It keeps crashing/quitting, and doesn't finish the downloads... It builds the folder hierarchy, but doesn't complete the downloads.

Let me know if there are logs anywhere, and I'll send them.

Thx --

Ziv.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2011
    scotisman wrote: »
    So, the more I play with it, the more convinced I become that RapidFetcher is having a memory leak. I am not sure if it time running or number downloaded that is causing the problem (likely both), but I can see it slowly pushing my memory from 45% used after I first launch it and reach 79% used by the time it dies.
    I had the same problem today. I was trying to download 1200 images from 35 galleries. After about 200 images, it just got slower and slower and slower until I could no longer see it making any progress and the rest of my computer got slower too. Eventually, I had to kill the process and find a different way to solve my problem (regenerating JPEGs from Lightroom). This is the third time I've tried to do a big job with RapidFetcher and it hasn't worked yet.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2011
    I know this is a dead thread, but wondering if you'd consider adding a feature:

Download all images for a certain keyword. The RSS feed would look like this:

http://api.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=userkeyword&NickName=$nickname&Data=$keyword&format=rss200&ImageCount=300

I can't remember if the feed will return more than 300 images. I don't think 300 photos tagged with any one keyword.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2011
    darryl wrote: »
    I know this is a dead thread, but wondering if you'd consider adding a feature:

Download all images for a certain keyword. The RSS feed would look like this:

http://api.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=userkeyword&NickName=$nickname&Data=$keyword&format=rss200&ImageCount=300

I can't remember if the feed will return more than 300 images. I don't think 300 photos tagged with any one keyword.
    You could temporarily create a virtual gallery from that keyword and download from that.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2011
    jfriend wrote: »
    You could temporarily create a virtual gallery from that keyword and download from that.

clap.gif
  • darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2011
    jfriend wrote: »

Hey John, long time no talk!

That's a great idea, and one I didn't think of because I've not played with virtual galleries (or honestly, Smugmug) in a while. Only problem is that I'd love for this to be self-service for parents, and I think that even if I went and created all the virtual galleries, generating zip files is still only something that site owners can do. Bah. Phanfare has had on-demand zip-file downloads for what, 3 years now? (And yes, it's disabled if you disable downloading of images.)

I see that WinDownload supports downloading by keyword, so I'm going to check that out. Alas, I'm worried that many parents will have Macs, and I don't think SmugGrabber supports keywords. I've made a request to the developer, just like I did here. :-}
  • dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2011
    what a fantastic, simple and super useful app....thank you
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
  • foodphonefoodphone Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 13, 2011
    only albums show up
    i have about 15 albums. only 3 albums show up in my list.
    how do i fix this problem?

tory
    info@foodpone.com
  • luminairefotoluminairefoto Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 4, 2012
    Awesome program. If possible it would be great to have a greater degree of filter control. Let's say you only want to see galleries in the category "weddings", ect.. something like that.
  • NeedalotofhelpNeedalotofhelp Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 27, 2012
    Need help with Rapid Fetcher
    Can't seem to get Rapid Fetcher to work. I downloaded it but when I get to the part for the download, it stops and it says Rapid Fletcher is not responding, Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2012
    Can't seem to get Rapid Fetcher to work. I downloaded it but when I get to the part for the download, it stops and it says Rapid Fletcher is not responding, Any suggestions? Thanks.
    I just opened RapidFetcher on my Windows 7 and it asked me to update my Adobe Air. After doing that, the app opened and I was able to download a gallery from my site just fine.
    Are you sure you're entering the correct login details? After logging in and selecting a gallery, also make sure to select what you want image / video sizes you would like to download.

If you can't seem to get RapidFetcher working and you're on Windows, give WinDownload from the downloaders section here a try.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • gyfie7gyfie7 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 3, 2012
    I installed the latest version of this program on a windows xp machine. It downloads files, but as I'm downloading from a large gallery (~350 images), the program seems to time out after 100 or so images. When I get the program to redownload the gallery, it starts at the beginning and ends up timing out again, never actually downloading the missing files.

Could the program perhaps check to see which images have been downloaded so it's not downloading them twice?

Is there a way to prevent timeouts?

Thanks!

gyfie7@yahoo.com
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2012
    gyfie7 wrote: »
    I installed the latest version of this program on a windows xp machine. It downloads files, but as I'm downloading from a large gallery (~350 images), the program seems to time out after 100 or so images. When I get the program to redownload the gallery, it starts at the beginning and ends up timing out again, never actually downloading the missing files.
    If you're on Windows and keep having the issue, you could try out the alternative WinDownload tool from the downloader section to see if that works better for your gallery.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • shadowdancer36shadowdancer36 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited December 8, 2013
    sorting
    Maybe I'm missing it, but is it some way to sort these galleries? based on date, title etc? I have hundreds of galleries and I can't find my way around using this app. Things seems to be scattered.

Would be nice to be able to drop a url or an album ID in and grab based of that. Would save a lot of time.
    I'm willing to pay to have this done.
  • rafikiphotorafikiphoto Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2013
    RapidFetcher appears to work but most downloaded files are 0 length. I have the latest Adobe Air installed. Any pointers anyone please?
  • noxcovenantnoxcovenant Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 16, 2015
    Can anyone be kind enough and re-upload RapidFetcher?

The links don't work anymore and I stupidly formatted my old harddrive without backing up my application folder. :(

I realllly need it.
    edited November 26, 2015
    Can anyone be kind enough and re-upload RapidFetcher?

The links don't work anymore and I stupidly formatted my old harddrive without backing up my application folder. :(

I realllly need it.

It's been 1+ month since I've posted this, so thought I'd ask one more time.

If anyone has RapidFetcher, I'd be greatly appreciative of a re-upload.

Surely someone still has RapidFetcher, since this thread has been alive for almost a decade. :)
  • raamraam Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited November 27, 2015
    Hey,

Sorry to hear that. I am the author. I don't have the original software anymore -- I didn't think anyone still used it. I can rewrite it over the Thanksgiving break. Are you on Mac / Windows?

Ram
    It's been 1+ month since I've posted this, so thought I'd ask one more time.

If anyone has RapidFetcher, I'd be greatly appreciative of a re-upload.

Surely someone still has RapidFetcher, since this thread has been alive for almost a decade. :)
  • ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2015
    raam wrote: »
    Hey,

Sorry to hear that. I am the author. I don't have the original software anymore -- I didn't think anyone still used it. I can rewrite it over the Thanksgiving break. Are you on Mac / Windows?

Ram

Whoa, you ROCK. iloveyou.gif
    edited December 5, 2015
    Hey,

Ram

Oh wow, thanks for the reply. I wasn't expecting the OP to respond. :)

Anyway, I enjoyed your program because it listed galleries that other downloaders didn't. I've been using second-rate programs in the meantime so it's been extremely slow gathering my favorite galleries.

Thanks again for your program and I definitely look forward to a re-write. I'm on Windows btw.
  • pborrettpborrett Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 26, 2015
    Hi, just wondering if you ever managed to resurrect the RapidFetcher software? I'm on a Mac, but would love to have access to anything that can reliably download my multiple galleries automatically.

Paul
    Hey,

Ram
    edited September 9, 2016
    This has been quite the elusive program. I've tried wayback, multiple aggregate sites, and even contacting people on Youtube with Rapidfetcher tutorials...and still nothing.

Here's hoping that the creator of this program eventually re-uploads the program. :)
    edited September 10, 2016
    Do you use Chrome and what platform are you on? I am the original author and had to pull it down since the API had changed since. But, I can put something together for you if you are a chrome user and can install this as a plugin.

Ram
  • fecundfecfecundfec Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 19, 2016
    Thanks for offering to rebuild! I'm in the same boat- looking for a SmugMug bulk downloader, and the only other ones out there haven't been updated for their current API. Plus, SmugMug links to this thread from their official help page, under "Download tools!"

I use Chrome so a browser plugin would work for me too.
  • BigRedBigRed Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2016
    Do you use Chrome and what platform are you on? I am the original author and had to pull it down since the API had changed since. But, I can put something together for you if you are a chrome user and can install this as a plugin.

Ram

Apologies if I'm hijacking, but would you possibly consider adding a little functionality? Specifically: to (optionally?) embed Smugmug-maintained Captions and Keywords in the downloaded images? AlbumFetcher hasn't been updated for the new API either. See here. Thanks!
    http://www.janicebrowne.com - Janice Browne Nature Art & Photography
    edited October 11, 2016
    A new version is available for (mac and windows) for $9.99 here: http://diagram.co/rapidfetcher/
    I know we all like free software, but it took me a few weeks to write this version. This will also motivate me to fix any issues / feature requests as they arise. BTW, it covers all future upgrades of the software.

Ram