Options

My Other Flower is Out Too

SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
edited October 10, 2005 in Holy Macro
Here's the other flower from the front yard, same family only this one is Red, and the other one is Pink.......well dahhhhhhh Skippy why didn't ya just put the two images in the same post :scratch ya silly duffa! :rofl

Okay well I can put both of them here I spose :rolleyes okay I'll do that :D
Enjoy....... Skippy (Australia)

Front Yard Flower

IMG_8493Ed3_filtered.jpg

Backyard Flower

IMG_8481Ed_filtered.jpg
Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin

Comments

• Options
    ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2005
    Nifty flowers Skippy! You have all the cool stuff 'over, under there':):
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2005
    Nooooooooo We Don't :)
    Thusie wrote:
    Nifty flowers Skippy! You have all the cool stuff 'over, under there':):
    I have my fingers crossed that I don't kill them eek7.gif I am not good at gardening by any means, cause I spend more time at work than I do at home.
    These are Australian Natives, so hopefully they will be tough and just grow like they're suppose to rolleyes1.gif they are really pretty, and as big as a bread and butter plate fully open ...... thanks for looking .... Skippy (Australia)

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    they are really pretty, and as big as a bread and butter plate fully open ......
    Your KIDDING!!! Now how cool is that. Hope they do well for you.
  • Options
    photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    Here's the other flower from the front yard, same family only this one is Red, and the other one is Pink.......well dahhhhhhh Skippy why didn't ya just put the two images in the same post headscratch.gif ya silly duffa! rolleyes1.gif

Okay well I can put both of them here I spose rolleyes1.gif okay I'll do that :D
    Enjoy....... Skippy (Australia)

Front Yard Flower

Backyard Flower
    YOU NEED TO KILL THOSE FLOWERS QUICKLY.......before they sneak in and kill you in the night.....evil is as evil does.
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2005
    Really Big Flowers
    photodoug wrote:
    YOU NEED TO KILL THOSE FLOWERS QUICKLY.......before they sneak in and kill you in the night.....evil is as evil does.
    Hey there Doug.........I'm hoping they do what they are suppose to do, attract birds and butterflies :D the bigger the flower the easier it might be for me to photograph whatever is attracted to them.....yup that's the plan, hopefully I will get more buds next season....... Skippy (Australia)

• Options
    Jackie PaperJackie Paper Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited October 9, 2005
    The outter petals (i guess that's what they are) look almost metallic ... or is it just me? Either way it's kinda cool!
    Jackie Paper, a colorblind photographer struggling at his passion ...
  • Options
    photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    Hey there Doug.........I'm hoping they do what they are suppose to do, attract birds and butterflies :D the bigger the flower the easier it might be for me to photograph whatever is attracted to them.....yup that's the plan, hopefully I will get more buds next season....... Skippy (Australia)
    ....if you survive....
  • Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    rolleyes1.gifPhotodoug...Everything..well almost everything...Is bigger here.

Skippy the red one looks fantastic...Are they Waratahs??
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2005
    Hi Jackie Paper
    The outter petals (i guess that's what they are) look almost metallic ... or is it just me? Either way it's kinda cool!

The flowers are really big, if you ever get to see one, you will immediately take a second look one because of its beauty and two because of the size of the flowers, and yes they do look Metalic.... you will even be tempted to touch it to make sure it's real ......... Thanks for looking...... Skippy (Australia)

• Options
    edited October 10, 2005
    Yep they are Waratahs
    rahmonster wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifPhotodoug...Everything..well almost everything...Is bigger here.

Skippy the red one looks fantastic...Are they Waratahs??
    And and and I have them in my yard whoooohoooo clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    They are truely amazing, I couldn't get over the size and beauty of them, and I'm surprised someone hasn't tried to nick the one out the front of the house.
    Skippy (Australia)