David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,204 moderator
    edited April 27, 2012
    Freaky cool! What is/was it?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    Whatever that thing is, I'm guessing it's a female.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Freaky cool! What is/was it?

Nice :D Thanks David. Not sure as to what the entire gadget was exactly headscratch.gif A huge press of some sort I'd guess and a monster chunk of iron it was. Sitting just feet off the main highway passing through Atomic City where we stayed a night. Had this neat aspect to its front. Maybe they were smashing atoms with it. Dunno headscratch.gif:D
    Michael
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2012
    Whatever that thing is, I'm guessing it's a female.

Tom
    rolleyes1.gifWas thinking the same thing Tom.
    Do you round the bottom wings of your letter "W" too? mwink.gif UU
    Still working on title so we could maybe start with "Well Endowed" and go from there.
    Michael
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    Neat looking thing. Does look female to me too :D
  • Options
    edited April 29, 2012
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Neat looking thing. Does look female to me too :D

Appreciate that you like it Mary. Thanks for giving it a view and commenting :D
    Does come off female'ish in many ways. Wasn't intended. I also get stern task master male from its "face". The original, before I mirrored and combined, had none of this going on. I don't do the tile thing much but it came off good for this one I thought. Trying to come up with a title for the thing. Not much luck there. Was thinking "Attending To Rusty" or "Keeping The Pressure On" headscratch.gif

Heres the original as a stand alone. That view preference entry / exit thing came up in this work too.
    Part of why I tiled it the way I did.
    I think the first one here is my viewing preference as in the second I seem to stop before I even get into the picture.
    1 enter from left
    YellowRed1Web1166-L.jpg

2 enter from right
    YellowRedL1166-L.jpg
    Michael
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2012
    I got so wrapped up in seeing the 'female' side that I didn't even see the lady in a dress standing there. Looks like she's standing by an old drinking fountain. Do they still have those???? The kind you'd see in a park. This lady either has on strange hat, funky doo or a crown. Maybe a Queen using a public drinking fountain .. probably not, but would make a good story :D

Either of these 3 postings you did work wonderful. When viewing any of these photos I'm both interested and fascinated.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,883 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2012
    Great shot!
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2012
    Hi Michael

Nice! But I had to run and get my sunglasses! :D

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    edited April 29, 2012
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I got so wrapped up in seeing the 'female' side that I didn't even see the lady in a dress standing there. Looks like she's standing by an old drinking fountain. Do they still have those???? The kind you'd see in a park. This lady either has on strange hat, funky doo or a crown. Maybe a Queen using a public drinking fountain .. probably not, but would make a good story :D

Either of these 3 postings you did work wonderful. When viewing any of these photos I'm both interested and fascinated.

Ahhhh clap.gif so you unwrapped and found her or is it him? thumb.gif The attendants. Could be Soda Jerk, could be a gal doing laundry, and the list goes on a bit doesn't it :D You described her appearance in the comp quite nicely Mary Kim.
    I expressly appreciate your final comments as they make me feel as though I did in fact achieve my intended goal and that the entire work came off successfully for viewers whom would care to give the visual its chance.
    Lastnight, I furthered the work to something else. Something stronger yet perhaps. Something my wife even likes bowdown.gif Hard to get her acceptance time to time.
    Michael
  • Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2012
    Good stuff Michaelclap.gifclap
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2012
    Am I the only one that see's a face inside a heart, at the top center of the first photo? You could put it on eBay, saying you found Jesus in rust, and watch people bid on it. rolleyes1.gif

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2012
    Azzaro wrote: »
    Good stuff Michaelclap.gifclap

Thanks much Gary. Happy you like how this one turned out.
    BroPhoto wrote: »
    Am I the only one that see's a face inside a heart, at the top center of the first photo? You could put it on eBay, saying you found Jesus in rust, and watch people bid on it. rolleyes1.gif

GaryB
    Hehe... Heck a place to see Jesus let alone trying to pawn it off on ebay. But he could dig rust just as much as the rest of us and his apparition here could be a seal of approval of sorts. I'll have to thank him for stopping by as well. wings.gif
    Michael