Mt.Figueroa, take two (18+)

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited May 7, 2012 in Go Figure
Since Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve (http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=219733) left me wanting, I have decided to catch up on my flower thurst on a different location, namely on Mt. Figueroa, a little remote place in Santa Ynez Mountains that our own DavidTO was kind enough to show me the other day (http://nik.smugmug.com/gallery/22574743_3dTzT6).

When I showed this location to one of my prior models (Kat: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=216863) she was very much up for another shoot.
So last Friday I finished the work early, picked up Kat and we went onto our "search for poppies".
While I must say that 3 weeks did make a little difference (poppies usually don't last long at all), the flowers we still going pretty strong.
This time around I changed the location on the mountain side and moved to a different patch, namely the one where David was shooting last time. The reasons:
* "mine" was too exposed to a surprisingly busy road;
* the sun was in a better position for what I wanted here;
* this side of the mountain provided better flowers variety;
* it was a bit easier to reach :-)
We didn't have too much time to shoot (Friday traffic ate more than an hour from our already tight schedule), so we kinda stormed it and were done within an hour, makeup and hiking included.

Anyway, here is a few frames from what we got that afternoon...

#1: Kat in the flower field

1830496536_DHDd6GJ-X2.jpg

#2: Can you believe it's her only 2d nude shoot? She's so confident...:bow

1830496442_SVsXB3k-X2.jpg

#3: A little flower girl:

1830496318_X7LvVPv-X2.jpg

#4: Orange twirl:

1830496234_xCFqSgx-X2.jpg

#5: Walking tall

1830496495_kpNCzFB-X2.jpg

#6: I liked how the lupine matched her ink:

1830496560_nwd4Dx6-X2.jpg

#7: Resting

1830496465_zrxMRWK-X2.jpg

5D3 + 70-200L/2.8 IS USM MkII, natural light only

This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2012
    Not sure how she managed to say so clean up there. I came down filthy and bug-bitten on our last trip. The last is my favorite.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2012
    DavidTO wrote: »
    Not sure how she managed to say so clean up there. I came down filthy and bug-bitten on our last trip. The last is my favorite.
    Thank you for commenting!
    Trust me, we got a lot of of charcoal marks on our cloth and her skin. I guess she was careful enough not to get it where it shows, or to wipe it out immediately. But it was our concern...
    There were no bugs though (that would be problem, as she's allergic to mosquitos)... And not as hot as when you and me went there... Rather lovely weather for a change, I'd say...
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2012
    Did she do her make-up once she got there or before hand? She has a nack for selecting the proper eye make-up to match the surroundings. In this case, the poppy field. In the first session, it was the wig she wore. I think she would be a natural as a make-up artist for high end modeling! It also does'nt hurt that she is petite and has an atheletic looking body (or as some say "Hard Body")! iloveyou.gif

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
    edited May 6, 2012
    BroPhoto wrote: »
    Did she do her make-up once she got there or before hand? She has a nack for selecting the proper eye make-up to match the surroundings. In this case, the poppy field. In the first session, it was the wig she wore. I think she would be a natural as a make-up artist for high end modeling! It also does'nt hurt that she is petite and has an atheletic looking body (or as some say "Hard Body")! iloveyou.gif

GaryB

Why thank you, Gary, I was directing the makeup,too, in all cases :-)
    But the execution was all hers, so yes, she's good...:-)
    She put a base in the car while we were driving and once we confirmed the poppies are there she proceeded with the "orange" makeup, as requested.
    And yes, she wants to get into the high-end makeup trade.

She's not petite, btw, she's just thin: 5'8" @ 120. My kind of gal...mwink.gifrofl
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2012
    #6 is just plain old NEAT!
    edited May 7, 2012
    Hackbone wrote: »
    #6 is just plain old NEAT!

Thank you Charles!thumb.gif