Options

Media Credentials

JSPhotographyJSPhotography Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
edited May 18, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
I want to move my business from shooting local events marketed to participants and spectators to shooting national events and submitting to magazines, web sites, etc. How can I get hooked up with somebody for my editor's letter? The local paper does not give a crap about big time events happenning a few hours drive away. The credentials people allways want print media. How does a freelace photog get credentials?

Comments

• Options
    BlakerBlaker Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    I want to move my business from shooting local events marketed to participants and spectators to shooting national events and submitting to magazines, web sites, etc. How can I get hooked up with somebody for my editor's letter? The local paper does not give a crap about big time events happenning a few hours drive away. The credentials people allways want print media. How does a freelace photog get credentials?

You find a client who wants to use the photos, and that client will contact the event organizer and have you put on the list of credentialed photographers for that specific event.

There is no such thing as a general media credential that will get you into events.