Options

My first composites

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
edited May 18, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
Not ever used PS before a week ago & after 20 hrs of training vids, 4 days of mistakes & dead ends; I finally completed these (95% satisfied)

Pro-Truck-color-XL.jpg

Pro-Truck-color-on-bw-XL.jpg
Rags

Comments

• Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2012
    rolleyes1.gifI think my first thought was "Holly Cow". Cumin thru! Looks like you've cut yourself loose with photoshop.
    Gotta luv that :D Time well spent

Edit: Did I mention I like the all color version best?
    Michael
  • Options
    lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2012
    I don't know anything about composites or PS ,but I like the shape of this unit and the cool perspective !
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2012
    You are learning way faster than i did. Good job.

Sam
  • Options
    jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2012
    Nice work! You should pat yourself in the back for a good start. If I may add some pointers - when you do composites, what out for shadows. You have to make sure that the shadows all agree as to where the source of light is. Second, watch out on your depth of field. The blurry bushes on the bottom right is a dead give-away that this was indeed a composite. Also, the legs of the signboard on the bottom right seems like it's floating. With a little more retouch it will definitely look better! Good job! clap.gifclapclap.gifthumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    Thanks for looking in folks & thanks for the comments

Jiro you're spot on about the legs. I tried erase and content aware to mitigate the issue, next will be a legs mask and desat.

The foreground blur is foreground bokeh (ahead of dof). If I knew I was going to use the image for this, I would have stopped down the fstop... :D
    Rags
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    You're off to a great start.