Options

New Camera!!

williaeswilliaes Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited May 25, 2012 in Cameras
I found an old Argus C3 with the owners manuel, extra filters and hood along with the original reciept from 1952. $69.00 It was bought at a Naval Base. I know it is not the gold mind find of the day but it will look good sitting on a shelf somewhere. The guy that bought it took really good care of it. I am going to find some good old B&W film and see how good it is. :wink
2 Corinthians 9:15

williamspics.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    edited May 21, 2012
    Yes sir, I uploaded the photo from my phone and didnt look at it. I have to go buy some more film today for another camera. I will upload some once I get them. By the way, I didnt pay the $69 for it. That was what it sold for new. I bought only because the price was low enough to stick it on a shelf for a display.

williamspics.smugmug.com
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2012
    I have an Argus C4 (the little brother to the C3) and every once in a while I'll load it up with film and go shooting. It still works great. you'll definitely want to get the Sunny16 rule internalized, if you haven't already!
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2012
    MarkR wrote: »
    I have an Argus C4 (the little brother to the C3) and every once in a while I'll load it up with film and go shooting. It still works great. you'll definitely want to get the Sunny16 rule internalized, if you haven't already!

Thank you sir, I bet that is correct with this little bitty camera. I have a few film cameras and learned the sunny 16 some time back. It sure helps with digital if you completly understand the traingle has to have egual sides. I still have years of knoweldge to learn about photography and hope to continue to gain the knowledge. This site is a wealth of knowledge to glean from. headscratch.gif

williamspics.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2012
    williaes wrote: »
    I found an old Argus C3 with the owners manuel, extra filters and hood along with the original reciept from 1952. $69.00 It was bought at a Naval Base. I know it is not the gold mind find of the day but it will look good sitting on a shelf somewhere. The guy that bought it took really good care of it. I am going to find some good old B&W film and see how good it is. mwink.gif

Four photos from the C3.

williamspics.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2012
    williaes wrote: »
    Four photos from the C3.

2 Just snapping away. A little soft and overexposed.

williamspics.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2012
    3 The wonderful thing about this camera is it is fully manual. winding. You can stop between frames. Or you can take two, three or more photos on one little frame. (disposable sensors) JK.

williamspics.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2012
    # 4 The same thing except this one was by mistake. I thought I had advanced to the next frame.

williamspics.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2012
    This camera has a lever you push down to set the shutter everytime. You then push the shutter release. You have to advance the film each and every time by turning a knob until it finally stops. You can leave it and double or triple or whatever expose the same frame. The f/stops are on the front of the lens and you turn the center. The shutter speed you set on another little round wheel knob. This realy is a lot of fun to play with. It is a lot of work and things to remember. I want to find some B&W film and give it a try. For less than $25.00 it was money well spent.

PS The photos above were scanned from the actual prints. I didnt have them transfered to a CD. They appear a little more grainy here on the forum than they actualy are.

williamspics.smugmug.com