Options

Welcome Caroline (sphynge), one of the new wedding mods! :o)

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited May 23, 2012 in Weddings
Give Caroline a warm welcome :wave

A little about Caroline:

Name: Caroline Tien-Spalding
DGrin Nickname: Sphynge Caroline is in marketing at SmugMug and the owner of Sphynge Photography in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA.

Style:

My style is definitely vibrant and editorial, so it's very light and colorful.

I'm located in the San Francisco Bay Area - I think California is a really awesome state to live and work in. I am lucky to be a world traveler so I've shot in Europe and Australia. Lots of fun!

Screen-shot-2011-12-02-at-M.png
Photo by Jerry Ghionis (taken in Melbourne :D )

What's in the camera bag?

I primarily use a Nikon D3s and my husband, who is my 2nd shooter, uses a Nikon D700.
I have 5 lenses: a 24-70mm F.2.8, a 70-200mm f.28, a 50mm f.1.8, a 50mm f1.4, and a 35mm f.1.4. My favorite has got to be the 70-200mm... it's so sharp. And fast. And awesome.

What's on the shoot list?

I started shooting weddings over 6 years ago with film, and made the transition to digital about 4ish years ago.

I'm primarily a wedding photographer but also do on-location portraits (personal and family). On my free time I also photograph landscapes - I do about one gallery opening a year. We own a few film cameras and love going out and about with them - unfortunately it's been harder and harder to get my personal favorite, Kodak Ultracolor 100.

Comments

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2011
    Glad to have you as a moderator! How is that I never realized before you lived in the bay area too? :)
  • Options
    sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    edited January 2, 2012
    Hehehehe not sure - thank you for the warm welcome. Can't wait to see more of your photos in our contests :D
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2012
    Welcome Carolina & Congrats on getting published.

Take care,
    Chuck Cassidy,
    Aperture Focus Photography,
    www.aperturefocus.com
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2012
    I guess that I missed something...published...where...I didn't see any posts about her being published....

What about it, Caroline...are you published...just wondering if I missed something.

BTW...welcome aboard...look forward to your commentary.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2012
    Ed911 wrote: »
    I guess that I missed something...published...where...I didn't see any posts about her being published....

What about it, Caroline...are you published...just wondering if I missed something.

BTW...welcome aboard...look forward to your commentary.

Hi Ed,

I check out her web site and under about: it list her getting published 10 times in 2011 & two times in 2012 with different wedding magazines.

Take care,
    Chuck Cassidy,
    Aperture Focus Photography,
    www.aperturefocus.com
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2012
    Hi Ed,

I check out her web site and under about: it list her getting published 10 times in 2011 & two times in 2012 with different wedding magazines. Take care, Chuck Cassidy, Aperture Focus Photography,
    www.aperturefocus.com

Thanks, will do...
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2012
    Hey Ed

Yup published online 31 times in 2011
    This year I was published in Photoshop User Magazine in April, in Professional Photographer Magazine (page 80) in May, and upcoming in DIY Weddings Magazine in June, along with online publications.
    If you want to take a time machine I also won a USA Today photo contest in 2007 :p

Caroline
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2012
    I saw the bit in PPA from you! I was super-excited, btw. I think I pointed at it and told my boyfriend "I know who that is! Kind of... not personally, but on one of the forums..." :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2012
    Oh hehehehe :D

It totally counts! wings.gif
    Kinkajou wrote: »
    I saw the bit in PPA from you! I was super-excited, btw. I think I pointed at it and told my boyfriend "I know who that is! Kind of... not personally, but on one of the forums..." :)
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2012
    sphynge wrote: »
    Hey Ed

Yup published online 31 times in 2011
    This year I was published in Photoshop User Magazine in April, in Professional Photographer Magazine (page 80) in May, and upcoming in DIY Weddings Magazine in June, along with online publications.
    If you want to take a time machine I also won a USA Today photo contest in 2007 :p

Caroline

NICE!! Congrats, Caroline!! iloveyou.gif