Options

Slide show software

the5schluetersthe5schlueters Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited June 3, 2012 in Finishing School
I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not but I am looking for a program that I create slideshow (proof discs) that the pictures can not be taken off of. I know about screen shots and what not but those are low quality. I want something that plays the slide show and save the pics as a file that cant be taken off the disc.

I reminder seeing a disc that a few years ago of some senior pictures that you could watch the slide show but getting the pictures off the disc was impossible. They were in some weird format that you couldn't convert or use.

Comments

• Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2012
    Couldn't you accomplish this by making a DVD of the images that would play as a movie? Most computers come with the software to do this built right in.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,813 moderator
    edited June 3, 2012
    I moved this to the Finishing School forum, where we discuss software.

It's always important to list your operating system when asking questions about software.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,813 moderator
    edited June 3, 2012
    Couldn't you accomplish this by making a DVD of the images that would play as a movie? Most computers come with the software to do this built right in.

Creating a video DVD or VCD (Video CD) is certainly a very popular way to accomplish viewing images at screen resolutions.

It's also possible to encode the images into an executable program that is also an image player.

I've even seen people encode a "live" Linux disk that only has the encoded images and a special player. The advantage to that system is that it boots before the host operating system of the computer, creating a "very" restricted environment.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2012
    I have played around with this just a bit and think if your goal is to present proofs best way is to rely on a good watermark. Smaller sizes helps too. I use DVD Slideshow Professional, a fairly inexpensive and totally customizable slide show at a very reasonable price. To do something quick where you just click your pictures and let the software do the work use the two on Smugmug, Animoto and ProShow Web. Very simple to upload 20 or 200 pics, pick a theme, click some free music and create. Benefit of a DVD is everyone can watch it and order some prints, even if they don't use the computer. Family in front of the big screen might be a better sell than huddled over a computer screen. You can load the same show on your website for them to view.

Just my thoughts, far from an expert or pro. Good luck.
  • Options
    the5schluetersthe5schlueters Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited June 3, 2012
    I think I am gonna go the with dvd's. You cant pull the images from them and everyone can watch them. I just couldn't remember the name of that program I saw a couple years back. It worked real good. It encoded the pics into a format that only the program could use.
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2012
    Pro Show Gold works great for this. When you click to make the DVD, you're asked if you want to include the photos on the DVD. Just un-check that option. With Pro Show Gold you have a bunch of options for transistions, and you can have it play music in the background. I made a DVD for a friend of mine, and I inserted a couple of songs that I knew would have a special meaning to them, and they later told me that they had tears in their eyes before it was over, and that they totally loved it. They now play it on their wedding anniversary every year.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams