Britni, Mark I: Pink (18+)

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited June 26, 2012 in Go Figure
Well, not *that* pink... Just a pink scarf...:wink:rofl

Actually, this was our very first set that day, even before we hit the meadows (you should be able to get a glimpse of the meadows on the bg in #4 almost completely obscured by the fog).

So, we are all alone on an empty road, fog is still pretty thick, no sun yet, everything is "drab", but I like the scene... What to do? Introduce some color!
The next thing, her clothes are off, the pink scarf is out of the bag - and we have a decent starting point...:-)

#1: NIK_0163.jpg

1814580228_XCkPBZ8-XL.jpg

#2: NIK_0198.jpg

1814580220_6tWgFhx-XL.jpg

#3: NIK_0200.jpg

1814580238_DsC898q-XL.jpg

#4: NIK_0205.jpg

1814580265_kFq5xkr-XL.jpg

TECHNICALITIES:

5D3 + 70-200/2.8 IS USM

There was a little technical problem with this set.
The scarf was bright. Like, BRIGHT! About stop and and half (if not two full stops) brighter than the next thing.
Expose an image the for scarf to get its natural color and details - everything else turns into shadows. :dunno
Expose an image for the Britni's beautiful body or scenic bg - the scarf, our key element, becomes blown out of the park in Red channel, turns into a washed-out rag and loses its entire attractiveness. :rolleyes
Tweak the red channel in curves - sure, but then then entire scene gets some unhealthy tint. :cry

I must say, shooting in a dense fog is tricky enough to begin with (if you never tried it - be ready for some interesting surprizes exposure wise:-), and now we have a first-class set element being a whole lot brighter than the rest of the scene... :scratch

Well, the solution came with one of the finest tools in ACR 7.x - adjustment brush.
The very fact that the scarf was very distinct from the rest of the image helped the brush to work precisely on its fabrics, without affecting anything else.
Once I figured it out, the actual fix took mere seconds for each and every next image... :deal :ivar

This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    Nik
    Came here after seeing the shot in People. Favorite in this set is the third. Angles and lines are great in that one. Only nit (apart from her tattoo) is the tips of her hair showing under her left arm.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    eoren1 wrote: »
    Nik
    Came here after seeing the shot in People. Favorite in this set is the third. Angles and lines are great in that one. Only nit (apart from her tattoo) is the tips of her hair showing under her left arm.

Thanks Eyal!
    I guess I now have to make it a habit to shoot a couple of GA-rated pics to lure you guys here :-)
  • novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    There was a little technical problem with this set.
    The scarf was bright. Like, BRIGHT! About stop and and half (if not two full stops) brighter than the next thing.
    Expose an image the for scarf to get its natural color and details - everything else turns into shadows. ne_nau.gif
    Expose an image for the Britni's beautiful body or scenic bg - the scarf, our key element, becomes blown out of the park in Red channel, turns into a washed-out rag and loses its entire attractiveness. rolleyes1.gif
    Tweak the red channel in curves - sure, but then then entire scene gets some unhealthy tint. :cry

I must say, shooting in a dense fog is tricky enough to begin with (if you never tried it - be ready for some interesting surprizes exposure wise:-), and now we have a first-class set element being a whole lot brighter than the rest of the scene... headscratch.gif

Well, the solution came with one of the finest tools in ACR 7.x - adjustment brush.
    The very fact that the scarf was very distinct from the rest of the image helped the brush to work precisely on its fabrics, without affecting anything else.
    Once I figured it out, the actual fix took mere seconds for each and every next image... deal.gif :ivar

This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer[/QUOTE]

Lol, I actually do this in LR more than I care to admit for select images. I will go in and make an object "pop" by selectively pumping or mooting something specific. Sometimes color sat or clearity or even taking a skin softening brush and painting "down" the BG (5% or so) so it becomes less of an eye grabber. Lovely gal and great job covering alot of different types of images.
    edited April 27, 2012
    Lol, I actually do this in LR more than I care to admit for select images. I will go in and make an object "pop" by selectively pumping or mooting something specific. Sometimes color sat or clearity or even taking a skin softening brush and painting "down" the BG (5% or so) so it becomes less of an eye grabber. Lovely gal and great job covering alot of different types of images.
    It's a very useful technique, if used wisely and in moderation... thumb.gif
  • BLUEThunderBLUEThunder Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited June 25, 2012
    STUNNING model. Beautiful photography!
    edited June 26, 2012
    STUNNING model. Beautiful photography!
    Thank you!