Options

Oahu

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
I have a pretty fantastic opportunity coming up next month to fly to Honlulu and stay for 8+ days on the company dime. All for the expressed purpose of taking photos for the Hawaii book my company puts out twice a year. That's it, just take photos and call it work. Needless to say, I'm excited! : D

I'm expecting to get a shoot list from our sales rep in the area as well as from our clients but I'm looking to be as prepared as possible. What are the cant miss places to photograph? I will be mostly going for "stock style" images of cityscapes and landscapes but also local life will be good too (first thing that comes to mind is surfers, so if you know a popular surf beach, that would be awesome!)

I've done local shots of this nature both for my company and another local publisher (non-competitor) but those were of areas I either knew very well or knew I could get back to multiple times to get the most unique vantage points.

I will have a rental car the entire time I'm there, so any and all points on the island are open for suggestion and will be staying in Honolulu. Im sure I could be on just that one island, shooting everyday for 2months and not run out of things to shoot so any help pointing me to unique vantage points or even the standard must see views would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :thumb
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• Options
    edited June 22, 2012
    Hopefully Oahu isn't this devoid of interesting subjects! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    A-1 BossA-1 Boss Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2012
    Ko olina is really pretty. There are some big rocks that the waves come up over. Good for sunsets. I really like the north shore around laie also. Waikiki has alot of cool stuff too.
  • Options
    Robert_CRobert_C Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited June 26, 2012
    If you're looking for a sweet spot for beach photos, Lanakai Beach is the place to be IMO. It is my favorite spot to shoot some beach photos, white sand, and it's less crowded than Waikiki Beach. Or you are looking for big waves, just head up to North Shore.
    www.bobbycanlobophotos.com

“Photography is not about cameras, gadgets, and gismos. Photography is about photographers. A camera didn't make a great picture any more than a typewriter wrote a great novel.” - Peter Adams, photographer ( Sydney, 1978 )
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2012
    Thank you both! I will be there long enough that I should be able to visit aloof those spots. thumb.gif
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos