Options

coupon help

mrfizzedmrfizzed Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
edited June 27, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
"Amount off" of "print credit"? Which one do I want to use for a client who I gave a print credit to for say the amount of $100? I do not want my account to be charged $100, however I want them to get $100 worth of products of my "pricing". Once I did this and I was charged $100 even though what they bought was only about $15 cost to smugmug. Please help.

Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2012
    Hi

A $ off coupon gives the customer an amount that they can spend on an order. The customer sees your marked up prices, and buys prints at your pricing. The SmugMug commission on this sale will be collected on the amount of mark up/profit after the coupon is applied.

For example, you give a customer a $100 off coupon, and they use that to buy $200 of products AND those products have a base price of $50, the math would work like this:

$200-$100-$50=$50 gross profit - 15% SmugMug commission = your net profit.

You can see that there would be situations using a $ off coupon where you would be charged more than the commission - if the gross profit was not large enough to cover the cost of the products, then you would be charged for that.

With a print credit coupon, there is a difference in how the math is done. In this case, the commission is taken from the amount of the sale BEFORE the coupon is applied. In this case, as in the above case, if the amount that the customer spends and the amount of mark up you add to the print prices do not cover the cost of the print products, you are charged for them.

You will never be charged more than the default cost of the product PLUS the 15% commission for the sale.

I hope that helps.