F-105 at USAF Museum, Dayton OH

Flyjets1Flyjets1 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited July 3, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
F105BAMBAMUSAFMUSEUM-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2012
    Nice indoor shot - it reminds me that I need to stop by the San Diego Air & Space Museum and see what I can capture.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    NewsyNewsy Registered Users Posts: 605 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2012
    Great capture in tough lighting. One of my fave aircraft. Dayton is on my bucket list.

Earache... I visited the San Diego A&S Museum last summer. Well worth the visit but tough lighting and very busy with crowds at mid day.
  • Options
    Flyjets1Flyjets1 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2012
    thanks guys....
    7 shot HDR.
    And since they wouldn't let me take my tripod into the museum i dragged one of the many chairs they have spread throughout the museum around with me. Used a superclamp on the back of the chair as my tripod.... more then one way to skin a cat! grin.
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2012
    Very nice, Glen, and I like your B-29 shot as well.

What was the deal with the tripod? It's been a few years since I was there, but not only did they allow tripods, on their FAQ page, they say:
    Do you have any tips for taking photographs at the museum?
    The museum’s theatrical lighting may pose a challenge to some photographers. Here are a few hints that may help:
    1) Bring a small tripod, if possible...
    I had a standard size tripod, and shot all day with it.
  • Options
    CraigKCraigK Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2012
    Nice shot. I visited the museum last year and got to see the aircraft I worked on while in the Air Force (F-106) for the first time in almost forty years.

I only had a point and shoot with me and the lighting really is a challenge. Wish I'd brought a real camera.

This is a great museum for anyone ever in the USAF or interested in aviation at all. I was truly amazed at all the aircraft displayed there.
    troublebound.smugmug.com
    "Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em!"