Options

stats show 1500 hits, no clue as to where

synaturesynature Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited July 10, 2012 in SmugMug Support
I looked at my stats too late again last month.

Smugmug clearly shows a huge spike on the 11th of June. But without going through every gallery (not quite a hundred of them), I have no way of determining which gallery got hit that way. Mostly, at this tiem, daily hits range from a dozen or so up to a couple hundred.

Is there some method for easily determining what images or gallery got the 1500 or so hits on one day, the spike that shows clearly on the graph?

My statcounter is the free version, so I've only got details for the last 500 hits, and by the time I looked at the stats, the details for 11 June were gone, but the spike shows in the rollup numbers.

I can't make heads or tails out of google analytics. I couldn't see anything that showed the same spike. In fact most of what I look at there doesn't seem to say anything about which of my images are being looked at.

any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandon Smith
http://redwoodtwig.com
Sony A7r4 with a selection of Rokinon Cine primes that I'm really enjoying learning how to use.

Comments

• Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2012
    See if this is what you want:
    Tools > Stats > Photo views > Popularity tab
    Then narrow down the display dates (top left). You will get a list showing which galleries, in order, had the most views within that date period.
    If you select a gallery, it will then show you a list in order, of the photos within that gallery, with the most hits
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    synaturesynature Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2012
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    See if this is what you want:
    Tools > Stats > Photo views > Popularity tab
    Then narrow down the display dates (top left). You will get a list showing which galleries, in order, had the most views within that date period.
    If you select a gallery, it will then show you a list in order, of the photos within that gallery, with the most hits

Excellent, that is exactly what I needed, thanks so much!

Turns out the top gallery that day had only 189 hits, a gallery about an event that had taken place a few days earlier. Next highest count was a gallery from 2008 with 72 hits and a scattering through what appears to be nearly all my public galleries.
    Brandon Smith
    http://redwoodtwig.com
    Sony A7r4 with a selection of Rokinon Cine primes that I'm really enjoying learning how to use.
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2012
    A lot of times I'll check my referrals as someone will link an image on a popular site. That will rack up a lot of view really quickly.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!