Options

Nikon D90 Lens Choice

Hannahs dadHannahs dad Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited July 9, 2012 in Accessories
Hi

My wife is a very good amateur photographer but still has the original lens which came with her D90 which i believe is an 18-105 all round lens.

Im wanting to buy her a more specific lens for either Macro or Landscape. I can only afford one!!

Im after a good quality one which will also work with the internal autofocus and also with manual. Id prefer to have a nice fit with a compatable lens without going down the route of having an adaptor.

Im not a photographer nor have i done alot of research as to be quite Frank i cant get my head around all the numbers and what they mean so i gave up before i got too confused.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Regards

Comments

• Options
    mcrobertsphotographymcrobertsphotography Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2012
    Hi

My wife is a very good amateur photographer but still has the original lens which came with her D90 which i believe is an 18-105 all round lens.

Im wanting to buy her a more specific lens for either Macro or Landscape. I can only afford one!!

Im after a good quality one which will also work with the internal autofocus and also with manual. Id prefer to have a nice fit with a compatable lens without going down the route of having an adaptor.

Im not a photographer nor have i done alot of research as to be quite Frank i cant get my head around all the numbers and what they mean so i gave up before i got too confused.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Regards

Honestly you have a great lens for landscape with the 18-105, its one of the sharper lenses that Nikon makes. Get her the 60mm 2.8 Macro for more detailed shots. I have shot with the 18-105mm a lot and love the results. If you have the extra money get her a 35mm 1.8 which is a tack sharp prime lens that makes some stunning images.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2012
    what is your budget. for landscape 14-24mm for micro/macro nikkor 105mm
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com