Larger prints and photo to canvas

SkorriSkorri Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited July 9, 2012 in Finishing School
I need to get some larger prints done, for example 11x14, 16x20. Studio space became available locally. I have yet to purchase a pro printer. Also looking for print to canvas. There are literally hundreds of online businesses that do this. Price range from good to outrageous. Who do you guys use and why ? Thanks :thumb

Keith

Comments

• OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2012
    Skorri wrote: »
    I need to get some larger prints done, for example 11x14, 16x20. Studio space became available locally. I have yet to purchase a pro printer. Also looking for print to canvas. There are literally hundreds of online businesses that do this. Price range from good to outrageous. Who do you guys use and why ? Thanks thumb.gif

Keith

There was just a post somewhere recently of a business that came out with a method that was like 1/4 the typical cost but did not sacrifice quality... I wish for the life of me I could remember a name for you.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
  • SkorriSkorri Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2012
    thumb.gif That would be great...
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2012
    I am partial to the SmugMug printing options. I have had one batch I was not happy with and they replaced them no questions asked. It is also amazingly easy for me, I just order the prints I want right out of my SmugMug gallery. Their options include mounting and printing on canvas. You can see the options here http://www.smugmug.com/prints/catalog/ABC#BayPhoto

Also I was going with 11x14 being inches, not meters or feet.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2012
    I have an Epson 3880 (an A2 printer). Very happy with the quality and control I have over the prints. With 80ml tanks, the cost per print is about half of my little A4 printer (11ml cartridges). When I took into account the volume of ink that came with the printer I was $400 better off buying this A2 (3880) printer than if I had settled on the A3+ printer. A2 prints just look stunning - and I love the convenience. It also doesn't take up an excessive amount of desk space.

Living in Australia, the use of Smugmug printers just is not workable with locals who want to buy a print.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited July 9, 2012