Options

Sales question

GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
edited July 1, 2004 in SmugMug Support
Just a quick question...

When you look at the sales details of a sale, on the far right there is a column labeled status.

If in that column it says "Not Paid" does it mean that the customer has odered but not paid for the prints, or does it mean that the profit has not been paid to the smugmug gallery owner?

I think it means the second, but wanted to make sure.

Thx in advance.

Brian

Comments

• Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited June 17, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    Just a quick question...

When you look at the sales details of a sale, on the far right there is a column labeled status.

If in that column it says "Not Paid" does it mean that the customer has odered but not paid for the prints, or does it mean that the profit has not been paid to the smugmug gallery owner?

I think it means the second, but wanted to make sure.

Thx in advance.

Brian
    It means the second. We authorize the customer's credit card at time of sale, then charge it when the photos ship, but we don't attempt to feed that back on this form.

Thanks,
    Baldy
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2004
    Thx Baldy,

I thought so, I was only concerned because I know my client hoped to get the prints by the weeked for her graduation party and if the payment hadn't registered I knew they would not arrive,

Thank you for the response.

Brian
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2004
    Hey Baldy, I have another sales question. Are all sales data given to pro users. My mother purchase some refrigerator magnets and the sale hasn't shown up yet. Do you only show sales that include a markup by the user? Why not all?
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited June 25, 2004
    bham wrote:
    Hey Baldy, I have another sales question. Are all sales data given to pro users. My mother purchase some refrigerator magnets and the sale hasn't shown up yet. Do you only show sales that include a markup by the user? Why not all?
    Yes, we only show the items that involve a markup. Reporting everything would greatly expand our reporting but I suppose if it's important, we could add it.

Thanks,
    Baldy
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2004
    Baldy wrote:
    Yes, we only show the items that involve a markup. Reporting everything would greatly expand our reporting but I suppose if it's important, we could add it.

Thanks,
    Baldy
    No it just wasn't clear. I guess I was under the impression that everything got reported. Maybe FYI to reread how you state things instead of "sales" maybe "uppriced sales" or something to that nature, etc. Some people who have everything for sale might appreciate that if a large number of people are buying a pic with no mark up, they may want to add something to it and make some money.

Hey I realize that if you took every suggestion and tried to incorporate it, you would be overwhelmed. Some cost $$ and major time. Some maybe easy. Maybe for suggestions you could figure categorize them into easy added, medium difficulty to add, and hard to add. Then when time and resources allow take one hard one that everyone would like a couple medium and some easy ones and do those when you can. Maybe even have people vote somewhere in dgrin.

Just an idea. So far I am real happy with my smugmug site and once I actually read some of things you post for us when you log in, and saw about dgrin I visit here pretty much daily. Keep up the good work.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me