Options

Beta Upload stopped working :(

DodgeV83DodgeV83 Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
edited October 14, 2005 in SmugMug Support
The Beta uploader hasn't been working for me for the past few days. I've tried in Firefox and IE. The other uploaders work, but I like the BETA one :cry

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    i'm really sorry i know how you feel, as i really dig the beta uploader. i use it on mac with safari, even today no probs.

thanks for the feedback - it's valuable info for us.
  • Options
    photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    DodgeV83 wrote:
    The Beta uploader hasn't been working for me for the past few days. I've tried in Firefox and IE. The other uploaders work, but I like the BETA one :cry
    tried for the first time when i saw your post...worked on regular uploads, but choked on large 18mb uploads...claimed they weren't valid filetypes. will enjoy being able to drag/drop ALL my shots w/o upload limits.

try clearing your browser cache/cookies, close and open browser again and try.
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2005
    Does anyone know how the Beta uploader reacts when an upload partially fails? I was uploading images tonight and got caught by the scheduled maintenance. This resulted in 20 files that needed to be re-uploaded (out of 103). What I want is the ability to say "restart the aborted uploads only".

Will the Beta do that for me?
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    DodgeV83DodgeV83 Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    Figured it out!
    I finally figured it out! The web scanner in Avast Anti-Virus was blocking it! As soon as I terminated the web scanner portion of Avast, it worked :D

There didn't seem to be a way for me to tell it to ignore smugmug, I tried for a little bit, but its easier to just turn it off!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    DodgeV83 wrote:
    I finally figured it out! The web scanner in Avast Anti-Virus was blocking it! As soon as I terminated the web scanner portion of Avast, it worked :D

There didn't seem to be a way for me to tell it to ignore smugmug, I tried for a little bit, but its easier to just turn it off!

it would have been fine all along if you'd had the pirate keyboard

4586150847204572.JPG

lol3.gif glad you're back in business!