Options

What do you offer in your wedding packages?

GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
edited July 15, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
Up until now ive been offering a base package that covers the photography for the day and a small print credit, then letting them buy what they want from the a la carte list, but I think its time to drop that package and create 3 posh wedding packages that will appeal to those that value good photography and are willing to pay for it.

I was just curious what products everyone tends to sell to the higher end clients. I also dont want to offer print credit since ive heard that it gives the impression that is all they need to spend, I want them thinking they can keep on spending. :D

I will be offering 3 packages, the first one will include a nice press printed album, the second one a nice italian leather album *gotta find more vendors, feel free to recommend some. The one I used in the past didnt have items I needed in stock and I had to wait for them* and the final package will include digital files, their choice of album type and a comprehensive collection of wall portraits. Im just not sure what else to put in each package since im not going to offer print credit. :)

Any suggestions?

On a side note, weddings are not my main target for business, but I do enjoy doing them and want to make it worth my while when I do photograph them. :D

Comments

• Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2012
    Haven't offered set packages for 10 years. IMHO they are detrimental and there is no good reason to offer them and plenty of reasons not to.
    They are limiting in what the client spends and they are highly counter productive to booking the clients in the first place.
    I tailor my coverage to what each client wants and price it accordingly to what I want for it.
    By not offering packages I can address all markets without looking out of place in any of them.

Packages also mean you are largely selling on price which is the very worst way to sell anything.
    Packages are just another case of doing what the other guy does rather than doing what works best or is the smartest way to approach the business.
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2012
    For my non wedding customers...

Before I started to offer packages and just letting people order from the shopping list of products, my average sales were not that good. I then started to say there was a minimum purchase but alot of people were thinking "what if I dont like them".

Once I started to offer packages, my sales went up and up. On their own they may only buy 5 sheets, but if the next package up offers 10 sheets and is a great deal, they may spend a bit more money to get the better value and putting more money in my pocket.

I dont force them to stick with whats in a package, they can change thing sup and substitute things. One person may love wall portraits, another may love albums, etc. I dont think it forces them to spend x amount, a lot of times they keep shopping off of the a la carte.

Not offering packages may work for some, but its my experience they really help. The customer gets to make less choices and it seems people like to avoid making choices sometimes.