Options

Business Cards

blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
edited October 14, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
Anyone here know anything about designing a business card? I've been trying all night with PSCS and no luck. If anyone is willing to lend a hand let me know please.

Comments

• Options
    JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    Anyone here know anything about designing a business card? I've been trying all night with PSCS and no luck. If anyone is willing to lend a hand let me know please.

What do you have in mind on the card? I can't do it...I am not proficient with Photoshop at all.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    using the search here on dgrin, i found this thread there's some good info in there.

i used overnightprints.com to make mine. holler with specific questions, i'll be back tonight and can hopefully help. so will others :D
  • Options
    fishlipsfishlips Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    don't use photoshop. i'm a graphic designer and work for a printer. please, please, please don't use photoshop. you'll make it more of a hassle to get it printed. i'd be happy to help you out. i think we are even in the same general area.

let me know.
    phil

my pictures live here. well, eventually they all will.
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    Here's who I use and they do a great job
    Overnight Prints
    You can download a template for Photoshop and that also worked great.
    Here's mine
    32305741-S.jpg

Fred
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    fishlips wrote:
    don't use photoshop. i'm a graphic designer and work for a printer. please, please, please don't use photoshop. you'll make it more of a hassle to get it printed. i'd be happy to help you out. i think we are even in the same general area.

let me know.

Depends on who your printer is. What I do whenever designing new cards for myself or at work is pick out who the printer I want to use is and ask them what their preffered file format is.

Then design in that program. My sisters boyfriends family owns a print shop and they like photoshop files. Or illustrator files.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    fishlipsfishlips Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    it depends on the number of colors you want to print your bus. card in. if you want a full color bus. card, go ahead design away in ps or a one color card for that matter. but for two or three colors imo, not a good idea. most people don't want full color cards. the other issue is quality of art/text. again, imo, text and line art should be just that, not pixels from the getgo.
    phil

my pictures live here. well, eventually they all will.
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    fishlips wrote:

let me know.
    I used photoshop and my business card turned out very well. I supplied the psd with all the layers. The text was still a vector, the psd itself was 300 DPI, I followed the rules and made it .25" bigger on all sides to account for the trimming. The company I went through said what I gave them worked extremely well.

I think photoshop is a wonderful tool for creating business cards.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2005
    I'll lend you a hand if you'd like. What are you having troubles with?
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited October 14, 2005
    fishlips wrote:

let me know.
    15524779-Ti.gif

I'm also willling to help. I have a creative department at my disposal.