Options

Palouse Falls

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited July 22, 2012 in Landscapes
it was (almost) on my way home from Pullman, so i stopped to see if i could get some decent shots. the weather cooperated... good light, but with almost no shadows, and not bright enough to blow out the highlights too much... since i'd never been to this location, and may not get a chance again soon, i was glad to have the opportunity... all with 5D2 and 24-105 w/ polarizer...

IMG_1175pssm.jpg

IMG_1171sm.jpg

IMG_1182pssm.jpg

IMG_1188sm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2012
    Well done, Rocky! Glad you stopped and then shared these.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2012
    Nice captures of a very cool place Rocky. Very nice detail! I know that you did not have the opportunity, but early morning and late evening are great times to be here!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2012
    ront wrote: »
    Nice captures of a very cool place Rocky. Very nice detail! I know that you did not have the opportunity, but early morning and late evening are great times to be here!

Ron
    Really awesome shots Ron. Wish we had something like that in Scotland.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2012
    canon400d wrote: »
    Really awesome shots Ron. Wish we had something like that in Scotland.
    Cheers
    Bob

thanks. as Ront mentioned, it's better at sunset, but i'm from the other side of the state, so i took what i could get as i was passing by!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2012
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2012
    WOW, impressive falls. Well done.

thanks, Mike! some crazy SOB actually took a kayak over that falls last year... and lived to tell the tale! he's either got stones the size of grapefruit, or he's plain nuts... but it's a neat spot for photos. you can apparently get down to the river bed below the cliffs, which would be a great composition, but i didn't have the time to explore that option. maybe another time...
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night