Options

MC 17 - Just back from Sanibel and Seeking Help!

sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
edited July 25, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I was on Sanibel Island in Florida last week and have a few photos that might work for the Escape challenge. Uploaded over 1,000 images into LR3 and then tried to choose the best options for this challenge. Feeling a overwhelmed and would really welcome your input!

Gretchen

1. Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Rainbow-by-Green-Flash-7466-L.jpg

2a. Living in the Moment
kayak-bw-7507-pse-bw-crop-L.jpg

2b. Surrounded by Beauty (or Enjoying the Moment Vicariously)
kayak-7507-pse-cr-gradient-sky-L.jpg

3. Helping Him Forget His Worries
Not sure how to title this one. It is a silhouette of my grandson who came with us on vacation and had greater need for R & R than most of us would....
walking-toward-light-7555crop-L.jpg

4. Destination Unknown (any title suggestions?)
boat-7615-pse-focus-on-boat-L.jpg

5. Enjoying Nature with a Friend
into-the-sunset-8694-pse-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2012
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2012
    Welcome back! The last is the only one that is not phenomenal in my book. I especially like #1 and #3. I like the title for #1.

If you go with #3, how about Leave Your Troubles Behind for a title?
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2012
    Thank you both for your input on these! I am leaning toward entering #1. WhatSheSaw, I like your suggestion for a title for #3!
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2012
    One more possibility.

i-hsPqXTV-L.jpg
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2012
    Tough choice! I like the light and sky better in the rainbow shot. OTOH, you have captured precisely the best moment with the dolphin and the comp is perfection. It would be nice to see some detail in the face.
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2012
    Oh, these are excellent photos! I really like 2a... the b&w conversion really fits the theme well for me.

The dolphin shot is also amazing, more literally escaping the water!
    edited July 24, 2012
    Love that dolphin, Gretchen! They are hard to catch; usually by the time I snap the little bugger is gone.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2012
    Love you final entry, but boy oh boy is the dolphin sweet as can be.....what a shot!
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2012
    Thank you all for your feedback on these. Aside from #6, all of these shots were taken on the same day. We rode the Sanibel Thriller in the morning and 4 different pods of dolphins accepted the invitation to play in the wake of the boat. Later in the day we drove to Captiva Island to have dinner at the Green Flash restaurant and sat right by the window looking out on the water. At first we could only see half of a rainbow over the water, then the whole and then fleeting glimpses of a double rainbow. And there were three manatees playing in the water - too far off to photograph but fun to see nonetheless. Our plan was to stop by the beach that faces west and watch the sunset. (That's why I had the wide angle lens with me.) The sunset was beautiful and there was no shortage of shots. It was an incredible, take-your-breath-away kind of day!