Options

internet explorer

yooperdooperyooperdooper Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited July 25, 2012 in Digital Darkroom
my internet explorer keeps shutting down my webpages with the following message":internet explorer has encountered a problem with an add on and needs to close".when i use google chrome there is no problem.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2012
    Hi, those that want to help you will need a link to your website thumb.gif
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2012
    What version of IE? Does it happen on any computer, or just yours?

Go to tools, options, manage add-ons, and disable all of your add-ons. Restart IE and see if it still happens. If it doesn't, restart each add on one by one until IE starts crashing again. Then you'll know what add-on is causing problems.

If that doesn't work, try resetting IE. Tools, Options, Advanced Tab, look at the bottom (below the scroll area) and click the big reset button.
  • Options
    CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2012
    my internet explorer keeps shutting down my webpages with the following message":internet explorer has encountered a problem with an add on and needs to close".when i use google chrome there is no problem.

Well it's called "Internet Exploder" for a reason.

But it seems to be telling you there's a problem with an add-on. I'd suggest removing the add-ons one-by-one until you find which one is causing the exploding.
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2012
    int.exp
    my wesite is not the problem my computer is
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2012
    my wesite is not the problem my computer is

So we want to help, but we can't unless we can look at your site in IE as well. For that, we need you to tell us your website address (post a link).
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2012
    Andy wrote: »
    So we want to help, but we can't unless we can look at your site in IE as well. For that, we need you to tell us your website address (post a link).

I just guessed, and found your site.
    http://yooperdooper.smugmug.com/Other/johns-best-again/23122444_zKQ3Gv#!i=1863424477&k=WvmrNt7&lb=1&s=A

Your site is working fine for me in IE9, Win7, so I do suggest you try the suggestions given above in this thread, thanks.
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2012
    internet explorer
    thanks andy.i may have solved the proble....the 4th add on i disaled allowed me to run int expl for an hour trouble free.fingers are still crossed though thanks everyone
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2012
    what would caue my computer to be ocasionaly unresponsive?thanks
  • Options
    jhofkerjhofker Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2012
    Site works fine for me in IE.

What was the fourth add-on you disabled?

(This is the second thread I've seen from you where programs are crashing. :-( "Two" isn't a pattern, but you really should get your computer looked at just to be sure.)
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2012
    what would caue my computer to be ocasionaly unresponsive?thanks

Just about anything: Malware, viruses, bad hard drive, bad memory. Software conflicts. Dust bunnies.

You should get it looked at.
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2012
    TrendMicro's Housecall might be a good place to start (some malware can take out your existing protection).
  • Options
    edited July 24, 2012
    int expl
    i frequently run malaware and super anti spyware anti virus.i have discovered that the computer runs fine with google chrom but not with int expl.i told you that the add on problem was resolved because my computer ran fine for three hours.wel the prolem is back and i am disabeling more add ons.thanks
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2012
    int/exp
    i need to install ethernet controller software on my computer.where can i get this free?i've had trouble finding it on the internet.
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2012
    i need to install ethernet controller software on my computer.where can i get this free?i've had trouble finding it on the internet.

I'd suggest going to a site such as www.techguy.com or www.tomshardware.com for generic tech support like this. Or talk to your PC manufacturer.
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2012
    Most common Ethernet drivers are available via Windows Update (something you should already have enabled). You'll likely need to install SP2 in order to get the updates. You can see a few options for getting SP2 here.