Options

Palouse Panoramic

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited July 25, 2012 in Landscapes
this is one of those "roadside snaps" taken a couple of days ago on my trip to the eastern part of the state. i got to looking at it, and the contrast and colors and layers simply SCREAMED panoramic, so here it is... i've cropped this and resized it a bit to make a 20x40 print, and i'm guessing it'd look pretty darned good on canvas!! ;D

PalousePanosm-1.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• Options
    joe-bobjoe-bob Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2012
    Quite nice.
  • Options
    rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2012
    I like this one a lot Rocky!! It looks like a giant foot print on the top of the highest hill. Great color.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited July 21, 2012
    Very cool, Rocky! Any idea what creates the swaths of gold through the area?
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2012
    kdog wrote: »
    Very cool, Rocky! Any idea what creates the swaths of gold through the area?

thanks, Joel... not sure on what causes it, but i 'm guessing it's a difference in either the crop itself, or in the stage of maturity... the gold swath is riper, more mature wheat and the greens were perhaps planted later, and are not yet ripened...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

• Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2012
    squirl033 wrote: »
    thanks, Joel... not sure on what causes it, but i 'm guessing it's a difference in either the crop itself, or in the stage of maturity... the gold swath is riper, more mature wheat and the greens were perhaps planted later, and are not yet ripened...

Hi Ron
    Love the colouring. How did you achieve this. Or shouldn't I ask?
    Beautiful. The reason I ask I have some golf courses near me and I am sure this technique of coloring would look good.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2012
    canon400d wrote: »
    Hi Ron
    Love the colouring. How did you achieve this. Or shouldn't I ask?
    Beautiful. The reason I ask I have some golf courses near me and I am sure this technique of coloring would look good.
    Cheers
    Bob

well, Bob, if golf courses start planting wheat, they might be able to get something close... ;)
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night

• Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2012
    Very artistic! It made me think of my oldest son "The Artist".
    Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2012
    squirl033 wrote: »
    well, Bob, if golf courses start planting wheat, they might be able to get something close... ;)

It was the green colouring I was interested in for the golf courses. Not the wheat colour.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2012
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2012
    canon400d wrote: »
    It was the green colouring I was interested in for the golf courses. Not the wheat colour.
    Cheers
    Bob

didn't take anything special... the colors are what it looked like, all i did was increase the contrast and saturation a touch to make it "pop"...
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night

• Options
    edited July 22, 2012
    Love the layers...pretty cool!

thanks, Mike!
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night

• Options
    edited July 22, 2012
    Very artistic! It made think of my oldest son "The Artist".
    Phil

thanks, Phil! i saw this and immediately thought "panoramic"... the lines, the bold colors... perfectly suited for a pano, especially on canvas...
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night

• Options
    JasonMorrowPhotoJasonMorrowPhoto Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited July 25, 2012
    squirl033 I really like the color contrast. Those crops remind me of soybeans. They do the same thing if the crops are planted at different times. Some cases I've seen some crops planted at the same time do that just from one section getting more water than another.:D