Options

The 5th Season

digidronedigidrone Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
edited August 7, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
About the only time we get colored sunsets here in Central Idaho....
Fire Season!!!

1.Backroad-4126-L.jpg

2.Backroad-4132-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited August 4, 2012
    We missed those skies a few weeks ago when we drove through, since there had been rains, but we did see many many miles of black ground along 84. So different than here in the midwest.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2012
    I'm glad you said "about the only time". Was beginning to wonder if we were hogging all the nice sunset pictures over this way headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gifI just knew that couldn't be.

Fires just about every direction now. Man. One just started the other day for us, man made, over to the Trinites. Did take some sunset and night pictures towards the area. Drove up high & some 15 miles east of the blaze and took pictures into the night. Fire was really taking off and cresting Trinity Ridge just above the fires starting point. Next day more gear yet, since there was another recent fire now out, started to arrive. That fire was fairly close to where this one stared.

Nice pictures of the chopper thumb.gif They are something else to see working. I like the first image best as the draw hose is fully out and there is some blur to the blades. Though I am sure you would have like to have gotten more of that yet :D
    The guy running in image 2 is telling for the shot. Its nice to see some hustle. Thoughtful crop to it.
    Like the post processing.
    Michael
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2012
    Thanks for commenting David...
    Those rains are part of the reason for the season....
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2012
    Hey Michael, I think we are in for a nasty one this year.
    I've been trying to get inside the fence to shoot but so far....
    These guys really hustle when their bird comes in, all the crews do actually.
    Their hosts, well not so much....grin
    Looking forward to some more of yer side of the mountain!
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2012
    :D Ya, agreed. The frequency of these fires starting now, with the rains far out yet, and the number of ones put out is alarming. But we have seen it before and will again yes. Doesn't help much knowing that mwink.gif Will drive up today and see whats what up Featherville way. Hope that fire is going west more than east. Praying for favorable winds and folks working on our behalf.

Cool your making the effort to get inside the fence line. I am hoping your continued use of the persistance principle pays off in spades for you. We figure your trying every little thing you can think of.
    Michael