Options

Canon DPP jpg colorspace

Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
edited August 6, 2012 in Digital Darkroom
When I use DPP to generate a jpg, the colorspace of the jpg is photoshop:ICCProfile: Wide Gamut RGB. I can see this when I open the image in Photshop and use File>Information>Advanced to look at the embedded metadata. The raw file used to make the jpg is sRGB color space.

I've checked off the embed ICC profile in jpg and even selected sRGB as the working space. But still I end up with Wide Gamut RGB as the colorspace.

Any hints on how to make DPP create a jpg in the sRGB colorspace?:scratch

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2012
    The problem I was running into was that I was invoking DPP via Fast Picture Viewer, not the command line. When I did that I could not control the colorspace.

However is I just started up DPP normally, i.e. from the command line, I got a .jpg in the srgb color space as I had set in the preferences.

Dan7312 wrote: »
    When I use DPP to generate a jpg, the colorspace of the jpg is photoshop:ICCProfile: Wide Gamut RGB. I can see this when I open the image in Photshop and use File>Information>Advanced to look at the embedded metadata. The raw file used to make the jpg is sRGB color space.

I've checked off the embed ICC profile in jpg and even selected sRGB as the working space. But still I end up with Wide Gamut RGB as the colorspace.

Any hints on how to make DPP create a jpg in the sRGB colorspace?headscratch.gif

Thanks