Options

gimp!

yooperdooperyooperdooper Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited August 8, 2012 in Finishing School
thanks for all the support.my previous problems have been resolved......i just downloaded gimp and i dont know how to upload pics into it thanks

Comments

• Options
    JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2012
    upload from what?

Why not just file: open image?
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2012
    thanks for all the support.my previous problems have been resolved......i just downloaded gimp and i dont know how to upload pics into it thanks

File, open
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2012
    or drag and drop right onto the interface
    tom wise
  • Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2012

This does not bode well. There may be more problems.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2012
    got it thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2012
    i read the instructions on how to use the healing brush.i used ctrl click to establish a sample point,then attempted to heal and it didnt work.
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2012
    after ctrl-click , drag the sampled area to the target area , then click to apply
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2012
    gimp
    i'll try it
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2012
    i tried what you said and it didnt work.also tried sampling from the blue sky and applying it to the tree and that didnt work
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2012
    i tried what you said and it didnt work.also tried sampling from the blue sky and applying it to the tree and that didnt work

Yooper: you really must be MUCH MORE specific in terms of the question or issue you're having, so that those that can help, will. Screenshots, step-by-step, will help.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2012
    there is no way i can be more specific
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2012
    there is no way i can be more specific

Of course there is! Use a free tool like Skitch or Jing (google for either), and post screenshots.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2012

That sounds more like Clone, in GIMP. And as Andy said, be more specific for more specific and better answers~
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2012
    Andy wrote: »
    Yooper: you really must be MUCH MORE specific in terms of the question or issue you're having, so that those that can help, will. Screenshots, step-by-step, will help.

What he said!
    Andy wrote: »
    Of course there is! Use a free tool like Skitch or Jing (google for either), and post screenshots.

Or just [Print Scr] then GIMP- create from Clipboard

It sounds like the OP might be confused between clone and heal.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2012
    file:///C:/Program%20Files/GIMP-2.0/share/gimp/2.0/brushes/Calligraphic-Brush-3.vbr the link for the brushes my question is:how do i adjust the brush size for the clone tool and the heal brush? i now know how to use these tools except for adjusting the rush size
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2012
    file:///C:/Program%20Files/GIMP-2.0/share/gimp/2.0/brushes/Calligraphic-Brush-3.vbr the link for the brushes my question is:how do i adjust the brush size for the clone tool and the heal brush? i now know how to use these tools except for adjusting the rush size

Bottom of the toolbox window has all the dialogs for the tools. If you can't see them, you need to expand the bottom of the menu or scroll down.

For healing or cloning I usually use one of the soft edged round brushes (fuzzy round).

It's slightly more complicated to create your own brushes, but it doesn't sound like something you need to do.
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2012
    uploading!
    i successfuly adjusted the brush size.thank you.my last question,i believe.is how do i upload pics from from my cardreader to gimp?
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2012
    i successfuly adjusted the brush size.thank you.my last question,i believe.is how do i upload pics from from my cardreader to gimp?

You don't. GIMP isn't a container. Gimp is to pictures what OpenOffice (LibreOffice) writer is to text documents. It's an editor, not an organizer.
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2012
    gimp!
    when i hit file open about 20 pics went into gimp.im not sure where they came from
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2012
    when i hit file open about 20 pics went into gimp.im not sure where they came from

And what have you tried to figure out where they came from?

There are 4 varieties of 'open' commands. Which ones have you tried? Which one opened twenty files? did it open 20 images, or one image with 20 layers? Have you played with different menus? For example, Image>Image properties will tell you where an open image came from.

I think you need to just 'play' with the program more. Try to figure stuff out. Explore the menus.