rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited August 9, 2012 in Landscapes
Randy

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2012
    NICE!!

Not much else to say.......just nice to look at.

Sam
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 6, 2012
    Dude, that's wicked. :wow

I'm seeing some banding in the sky for some reason, but it's hard to tell at this size. Of course I'd LOVE to see this presented in a larger size for a closer inspection. mwink.gif
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2012
    dude! i absolutely LOVE this!! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif i also see just a bit of color banding, but there are ways to reduce that... regardless, needs to be blown up and printed at LEAST 4 feet wide!!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2012
    SON!! SON!!! You have truly outdone yourself here. If the file will handle it, I'd blow that one up REAL BIG. That's the kind of picture that can just dominate a room. clap.gifclap

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2012
    Sam wrote: »
    NICE!!

Not much else to say.......just nice to look at.

Sam

Thanks for looking Sam!
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2012
    kdog wrote: »
    Dude, that's wicked. :wow

I'm seeing some banding in the sky for some reason, but it's hard to tell at this size. Of course I'd LOVE to see this presented in a larger size for a closer inspection. mwink.gif

Very nice comments Joel thumb.gif

I see some banding also, so I looked at the file size I uploaded. A whopping 64Kb rolleyes1.gif

It's not in the full file size... Sorry...
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2012
    squirl033 wrote: »
    dude! i absolutely LOVE this!! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif i also see just a bit of color banding, but there are ways to reduce that... regardless, needs to be blown up and printed at LEAST 4 feet wide!!

Rocky, I appreciate that thumb.gif

As I noted in my reply to Joel, for some reason, I uploaded a whopping 64Kb version of this image ne_nau.gif Guess I was feeling stingy. No banding in full version.
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2012
    SON!! SON!!! You have truly outdone yourself here. If the file will handle it, I'd blow that one up REAL BIG. That's the kind of picture that can just dominate a room. clap.gifclap

Tom

Thanks for the very kind comments Tom!

I'll give a little confession here:
    I'm sure you've seen the iconic images of the long, long road leading to Monument Valley, well, this is it!!!

As usual, I'm at the right place at the wrong time. The normal time for this view is at sunrise for the correct light. (I did not know this at the time)

I was NOT going away without a keeper image from this location, so I waited, and waited, and waited until the light finally got "right". Glad you like the image!
    Randy
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2012
    rwells wrote: »
    Thanks for the very kind comments Tom!

I'll give a little confession here:
    I'm sure you've seen the iconic images of the long, long road leading to Monument Valley, well, this is it!!!

As usual, I'm at the right place at the wrong time. The normal time for this view is at sunrise for the correct light. (I did not know this at the time)

I was NOT going away without a keeper image from this location, so I waited, and waited, and waited until the light finally got "right". Glad you like the image!

this was shot looking back down highway 163 toward MV? like the postcard? i got that shot, but in late morning, on my way from Kayenta to Moab... crap, if i'd known it'd look like this, i'd have blown my schedule and stayed till dark! how large is the original file? it'd almost be worth investing in Genuine Fractals (now called Perfect Resize, i think) just to blow this up... i can only imagine what it'd look like as a 4 or 6-foot canvas print over the back of a sofa...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2012
    squirl033 wrote: »
    this was shot looking back down highway 163 toward MV? like the postcard? i got that shot, but in late morning, on my way from Kayenta to Moab... crap, if i'd known it'd look like this, i'd have blown my schedule and stayed till dark! how large is the original file? it'd almost be worth investing in Genuine Fractals (now called Perfect Resize, i think) just to blow this up... i can only imagine what it'd look like as a 4 or 6-foot canvas print over the back of a sofa...

Yep, that's the spot.

I'll have to look at the original file, but it should be large enough to print big if I decide to do that.

Thanks again for your input Rocky!
    Randy
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2012
    Really beautiful. Worth the wait.
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2012
    An excellent return for the effort. Wonderful visual. Beautiful colors thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif Well done Randy :D
    Michael
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited August 7, 2012
    This is wonderful Randy!

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2012
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Really beautiful. Worth the wait.

Thanks for looking and the comments Don!
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2012
    DaddyO wrote: »
    An excellent return for the effort. Wonderful visual. Beautiful colors thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif Well done Randy :D

Thanks Michael!

I wish this was the only type of "effort" that I had to excerpt these days :D
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2012
    This is wonderful Randy!

--- Denise

Howdy Denise,

Thank you for the kind words!
    Randy
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited August 8, 2012
    Wall hanger, for sure. Great job!
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    rmichaeldavisrmichaeldavis Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2012
    Fantastic...really like your version as we usually only see the 'iconic' shots of this area. Nice capture!
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2012
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Wall hanger, for sure. Great job!

Thanks David!
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2012
    Fantastic...really like your version as we usually only see the 'iconic' shots of this area. Nice capture!

As I have a knack for being in the right place, at the wrong time, I do wind up taking shots of "iconic" places a bit differently. When they turn out, I sometimes share. When they don't eek7.gifrolleyes1.gif

Thanks for looking and your kind comments Michael thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2012
    This is pretty awesome. Good thing you waited.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2012
    kolibri wrote: »
    This is pretty awesome. Good thing you waited.

Thanks Kolibri!
    Randy