Options

Not a bad place for a sandwich

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited August 10, 2012 in Landscapes
Overlooking Jasper, Alberta Canada (In the NP)
Randy

Comments

• Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2012
    Wow... what a huge view bowdown.gif I love those most every time.
    An excellent result Randy thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif Nice attention to the details.
    Interesting direction for processing too. I spent as much time wondering
    about that as I did taking in all I could from the view :D
    Michael
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2012
    What a wonderful shot. That's the kind of view that you could spend all day enjoying. Good work, Randy.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2012
    A great place for a sandwich. As long as they don't leave the wrappers and soda cans.

Sam
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2012
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Wow... what a huge view bowdown.gif I love those most every time.
    An excellent result Randy thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif Nice attention to the details.
    Interesting direction for processing too. I spent as much time wondering
    about that as I did taking in all I could from the view :D

Your kind words are appreciated thumb.gif

I don't think that I follow you about the processing. If I can help you out there, let me know and I'll try to explain anything your wondering about.
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2012
    What a wonderful shot. That's the kind of view that you could spend all day enjoying. Good work, Randy.thumb.gif

Tom

Thanks Tom!

Man, you can really see a long, long way from up there. I hated to go back down, but Teresa and Tater were patiently waiting at the bottom.
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2012
    Sam wrote: »
    A great place for a sandwich. As long as they don't leave the wrappers and soda cans.

Sam

Sam,

Unlike a lot of Americans, Canadians are VERY conscious about recycling and trash. In Canada, you are charged two separate fees for recycling and useage on plastic and metal containers. So, if those are Canadians, I'd safely bet that all their trash will be taken with them thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2012
    rwells wrote: »
    Sam,

Unlike a lot of Americans, Canadians are VERY conscious about recycling and trash. In Canada, you are charged two separate fees for recycling and useage on plastic and metal containers. So, if those are Canadians, I'd safely bet that all their trash will be taken with them thumb.gif

Thank you kind sir (being Canadian and conscious about taking out anything I take in to the wilderness). I lived in Alberta for several years and enjoyed exploring the amazing vistas in and around the mountains in both BC and AB. Your shot does it justice for sure!

If you ever want to explore the east coast, let me know. I can make some great suggestions for places to photograph other than the iconic Peggy's Cove Lighthouse (boring!).
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2012
    Snowgirl wrote: »
    Thank you kind sir (being Canadian and conscious about taking out anything I take in to the wilderness). I lived in Alberta for several years and enjoyed exploring the amazing vistas in and around the mountains in both BC and AB. Your shot does it justice for sure!

If you ever want to explore the east coast, let me know. I can make some great suggestions for places to photograph other than the iconic Peggy's Cove Lighthouse (boring!).

Thanks Cici,

If I ever plan to be out that direction, I'll take you up on your offer. thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 9, 2012
    Randy this is such a beautiful shot I'm going to move it Landscapes for some more attention. thumb.gif

• Options
    edited August 10, 2012
    Angelo wrote: »
    Randy this is such a beautiful shot I'm going to move it Landscapes for some more attention. thumb.gif

Thanks Angelo for the kind words and gesture!
    Randy
  • Options
    JBHotShotsJBHotShots Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2012
    Awesome shot!!!
    Jamie
    JBHotShots.com
    Facebook
    7DII w/Grip, 50D w/Grip, 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, Rokinon 8mm FE 3.2, 580EXII 430EX
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2012
    Awesome shot!!!

Thanks Jamie!
    Randy