Options

Trigger 2 cameras at the same time...problem

Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
edited August 19, 2012 in Technique
Hi,

I recently bought a RF602 Yongnuo trigger and reciever. I want to trigger both cameras at once to play about with stereo images. But I want to do it in the studio with studio lights...

I tried tonight and had problems, so here's the set-up...can you say what's wrong?

400D - has the Yongnuo trigger on. This is the lead camera, if you like. But with the trigger on the hot shoe, I can't put the lights to the 400D

40D - has the lights in the RF socket. Also has the receiver which has a cable to the trigger socket.

So, theory is, the 400D shutter is depressed, the 400D AND the 40D shutters are activated, the 40 triggers the flash via the RF socket.

Now, all this "worked"...both shutters fired, and the lights fired. but the 40D had a well exposed image, and the 400D had an underexposed image, as if it had "missed" the lights. Now I reckon there must be a delay, with the 400D shutter activating, and closing again before the 40D is triggered along with the lights.
Does the Yongnuo trigger have a delay? Is there any way around this?

I am getting another RF602 receiver soon, so will trigger both the 40D shutter and the lights on the same trigger signal. Would that solve it, do you think? (actually, I will have it so the 400D is the "slave" camera as I am waiting on the relevant cable for that too).

Comments