Criticism would be welcome.

Ghost-Ranch-rocks-high-res-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Art MorganArt Morgan Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Criticism would be welcome.

It makes me feel like I've fallen due to dizziness, and my head is still spinning.umph.gif But the colors are nice. :)
  • Options
    JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    Art Morgan wrote: »
    It makes me feel like I've fallen due to dizziness, and my head is still spinning.umph.gif But the colors are nice. :)

Same here. But the image is actually straight, I think. I think this is taken on the edge of one of the monoclines, so the strata are actually tilted, but the mesa is flat.

But once I get that straight in my head, I still feel kind of dizzy ;)

I can't pin it down, there is just something about the proportions in this image that feels kind of off. Maybe it's too small and I can't really focus on the foreground, or maybe the foreground needs to be better lit, or maybe it's just that most of the potential leading lines go to different places.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    Thanks for the candid feedback. Not every image will be loved!

I think the comments are pretty accurate. I still liked it, maybe because it was odd. It was taken with a 10 mm lens and there's distortion. Sometimes distortion bothers me, sometimes it doesn't.
  • Options
    Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2012
    Definately a great color combo. I like that the clouds some what mimick the direction of the lines in the ground, all leading to the center of the image.

What throws me off a bit is on the right side of the image we have foreground, middle and back ground. On the left side we go straight from foreground to background with no middleground.

For what it's worth, I would have tried to move up and more to the left and turned right a bit to still use the bolders in front then the smaller red cone shaped hills in the middle with the higher mountains and clouds in the back. Not having been there I can't say if that were possible or not.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2012
    An interesting image. By all accounts its a picture that has all it should need to be a really nice shot. Leaving processing choices alone... & If I don't look deeply at far right distortion and its extreme leanings I am ok with things. I go to sky and reorient myself again and my slight queasiness goes away and I try to move into the picture again from the left. Here things appear "normal" as though taken with a normal wide lens all the way to about center. From center moving right my minds eye wants to lean left to square itself back upright somehow. By the time I have hit far right frame with trying to figure out whats going on, I am back to kinda queasy already. The call to orient again comes immediately and into the sky I go, then back to left & start over as if I could beat this visual trickery mwink.gif Not happening :D
    At this point I decide to get off the ride rolleyes1.gifa few tries is enough. Pretty interesting thumb.gif
    Michael