Options

Rust-still looking for that junkie groove

TomCollinsTomCollins Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited August 23, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
I'm still trying to find that groove where rust meets Rust Junkie standards. So here's another one.
Rusty-Hinge-L.jpg
Tom C
www.tomcollinsphotography.com
“Art allows us to expand the dimensions of our everyday life.”
~Carlos Jurado

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2012
    Not only excellent Rust Junkie stuff but a Rust Monster, too!

It could be pushed a bit further in the Sat department and a load of Clarity would help, as well.

thumb.gif

Well done.

Don

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2012
    You're definitely on the right track. It certainly meets the preferred format by being an abstract. As to how far you want to take the processing....well, that's up to you. There's no rule that says you have to sit at the head table where the most extreme of our bunch hangs out. Some of the JUNKIES go for a more modest approach, which is fine. Decide where your level of comfort is and concentrate your efforts there.

I do like this shot.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,883 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2012
    You're definitely on the right track. It certainly meets the preferred format by being an abstract. As to how far you want to take the processing....well, that's up to you. There's no rule that says you have to sit at the head table where the most extreme of our bunch hangs out. Some of the JUNKIES go for a more modest approach, which is fine. Decide where your level of comfort is and concentrate your efforts there.

I do like this shot.

Tom

I like it too! and agree with Tom's comments.
  • Options
    TomCollinsTomCollins Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2012
    Many thanks
    Many thanks and much appreciation to you all for your help and guidance with this really fun project. I've always enjoyed rust and old stuff, probably because I'm old and getting rusty, and I really like pushing photos to something beyond what is regularly accepted by so many of the purest. I don't much care for the rules but rather enjoy taking things the other way. It's nice to know there are others out there doing the same thing. RUST JUNKIES UNITE! Thanks again.
    Tom C
    www.tomcollinsphotography.com
    “Art allows us to expand the dimensions of our everyday life.”
    ~Carlos Jurado