Oregon Coast

P8258713-L.jpg

P8258675-L.jpg
Lee Wiren

Comments

• Options
    ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2012
    I live not so far away from this place and I've never been there. I've only been into photography for a year and a half or so now, so I wasn't looking semi locally until recently.

Thinking of hitting this place up this weekend. Tide coming in the best time do you think?

These are great shots and makes me want to get there even sooner.
  • Options
    RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2012
    That second shot is the one for me. The ocean is more separated and of course the colors are outstanding. The first shot is nice and moody, but the blues and grays all run together so much that I don't get as drawn into the photo.
  • Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2012
    ZBlack wrote: »
    I live not so far away from this place and I've never been there. I've only been into photography for a year and a half or so now, so I wasn't looking semi locally until recently.

Thinking of hitting this place up this weekend. Tide coming in the best time do you think?

These are great shots and makes me want to get there even sooner.

I heard from a fellow that shoots there often that this last weekend was the last best chance for high tide shots. Research I did said that High Tide is the best time... I was within 10 feet of this, but I wish I could have been farther to the right and out a bit more, but there was a fellow doing panoramic shots to stitch together and I would have been in his frame.

You may try, i'm not sure about what the other fellow was stating about last Sunday being the last good shots to get for the year... ne_nau.gif

Head to Cooks Chasm by the Spouting Horn.. go down the stairs and walk the rocks to the shore line, then start walking north.. it's about 150 yards from where the rocks start the chasm to Thor's Well, not very big, so easily missed. Good Luck!

Lee
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2012
    Lee, that second shot is a real winner thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2012
    The second shot is beautiful--great colors.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2012
    Yep I agree - number 2 shows mother nature to be real powerful thumb.gif