Operation... timed out?

DewrGleisionDewrGleision Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited July 2, 2004 in SmugMug Support
Ok then, first of all, Im trying smugmug out to see if its really the kinda thing I need around at this point, but its looking very tasty (trial version right now...)!
I have recently downloaded, installed, and am currently using Mozzila's Firefox browser, as IE crapped out on me when I tried to log into this site to check my PMs... Works like a charm! (Granted, I dont really trust charms that much for solid results, hence this post) Now, when I try to log into smugmug to address my galleries and stuff (whats the profanity rating around here? Still G rated? Im feeling a little stifled in my expressions here... :scratch:D) , it gives me a message that "the operation timed out" and I try multiple time...
What gives? Am I being too brash? What might the problem be? I still dont get it, and I never will...
Thanks anyway...
He who throws dirt, loses ground...

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2004
    Still pg-rated!

Have you tried cleaning out your cookies and trying again? I'm the worst person on the planet to offer computer advice. I'm just thinking that maybe the first smugmug cookie was installed via IE. Maybe that's what is causing the Firefox smugmug hiccup? ne_nau.gifI really should keep my trap shut.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • DewrGleisionDewrGleision Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2004
    Thats a good idea!
    But, because Im a conceptual genius, and a nuts and bolts moron, I dont really know where to look for the old cookies. But I know it is a good idea, not presuming that you are right because you think you wrong only to be obstinate and defiant, as thats bad logistical processing, and by logistical processing I mean coming to that conclusion based on said parameters, though not regarding the prospect that you are always wrong, yet at the same time in an indefinitely even sense also not alluding to your always being right, while not simply reafirming what yourself had stated, and not producing an overbearing stimulus for aggrevated defense, and therefore by means of logisitcal processing--individual and otherwise--assumes a position of inocent debate, and by debate only truly balanced comparing of concepts both in the sense of balanced and un-aggrevated intellectual conduct and the concepts of cookies being buried beneath my proverbial nose and above my personal knowledge, but to every form of debate thereafter, ensuring equal, structured, orderly, and curteous discourse with liberty and justice for all, and thats how I know its a good idea. So there.
    Classical music does funny things to ya...
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2004
    If Firefox is like Firebird, go under Tools/Options/Clear Cookies. That should do it. Then you'll have to remember your passwords to log back into places like smugmug and dgrin.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited July 2, 2004
    Hey DewrGleision,

Hmmmm.... That's a strange one. Is it possible there's a typo in the URL you're entering to get to your page? If it's possible to post the URL here, I'd love to try it and see what the error is.

Thanks,
    Baldy
  • DewrGleisionDewrGleision Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2004
    Salutations, Baldy!

Hmmm... Ok, I try it today, it works like a charm! Weird... Charms, remember?
    They equal unreliability, so I dont depend on charms. Why do you think the guy with the cereal box gets caught all the time?
    Anywho, Im off to make a new gallery!

Tchau, y'all