Options

iPhone save image results in black image

adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
edited September 2, 2012 in Bug Reporting
Tried this in a couple of iPhones. I have a gallery that is password protected, but not right-click protected. When you make a long press on an image to bring up the 'save image' option, you end up with a black jpg saved in the camera roll. Other sites work fine, so this seems to be a SmugMug-specific issue.

EDIT: Tried on an un-password protected gallery that is right-click protected and got the same result.

Also, briefly fully unlocked another gallery (open and not click-protected) and got the same result.
- Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
My SmugMug Site

Comments

• Options
    WendeeWendee Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2012
    Hi Andrew,

We default to the spacer gif on the mobile version of the site no matter what the right-click protection setting is, but if you're viewing the full version of the site I believe you should be able to save the images from your gallery to your camera roll if right-click protection is disabled.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Take care,
    Wendee
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2012
    Did that change recently? The person who pointed it out to me said that this mechanism worked (as of a couple of weeks ago). Perhaps the mobile version didn't default on her iPhone then?

On the Pro account, is there a way to change that behavior?

Thanks!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    I suggest you contact us at the HelpDesk with specific links to galleries you tried it on so we could take a closer look. Thanks.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    CMHodgkinsCMHodgkins Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 20, 2012
    I'm having the same issue. Did this ever get resolved?
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2012
    Hi CMHodgkins and welcome to DGrin! wave.gif

As far as I know this is working as designed. On the mobile site it's currently not possible to save photos - it'll only give you a blank image. If you wish to save a photo, you could at this point only switch to the full site and save it from there if the gallery is set to allow it. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2012
    Thanks anyways, Sebastian. I have been using the full site but I was hoping that the black image thing would have changed by now. The full site is much more complex and more difficult for people who take photos in my photobooth that I upload on-site at a gig, thanks to hotspot mobile internet, and it's difficult for them to download them so they can post to social media sites like facebook and instagram. Well hopefully this will be changed soon. I still like the smugmug service and it's been the best i've seen.

I'm just hoping to have it all :)

Chris Hodgkins

www.sureshotphotobooth.com
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2012
    Hi guys,

I was wondering if this was updated at of yet so people could download photos to their iPhones from the "mobile site".

Chris Hodgkins

www.sureshotphotobooth.com[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2012
    Chris,
    No, there has been no change to the save feature on the mobile site.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero