5d3 5dmkiii Video problems (Red Flakes)

cmjdaviescmjdavies Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited September 16, 2012 in Video
Anyone got any idea what is wrong with my 5d3? Check out the red flake/noise I'm getting on the footage from it.

Note: Highlight Tone Priority is turned off

http://www.chrisdaviesphotography.com/Other/Videos/25378079_DKGgL7#!i=2087842556&k=6DcbD6T

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,789 moderator
    edited September 15, 2012
    The first thing to try is a system reset. I'm unsure about the 5D MKIII, but generally you should take out the main battery as well as any CMOS backup battery, turn on the body (without the batteries), and let it sit for 5-6 minutes.

Then you turn off the camera, re-install the batteries and see if the camera has reset to defaults when you turn it back on.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2012
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    The first thing to try is a system reset. I'm unsure about the 5D MKIII, but generally you should take out the main battery as well as any CMOS backup battery, turn on the body (without the batteries), and let it sit for 5-6 minutes.

Then you turn off the camera, re-install the batteries and see if the camera has reset to defaults when you turn it back on.

And further, No. You're not going to be able to use a noiseware and get rid of this. You don't even want to. What you want is to get rid of the culprit. DO the reset as suggested and try again. Also make certain to refresh your firmware. If this Camera is new and this issue continues, send it back!
    tom wise