Options

Toys toys and more toys!

cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
edited July 3, 2004 in Accessories
Waiting for UPS to show up today with my new 70-200 f2.8L IS lens. I really enjoy the level of service I get from Adorama. Emails, phone calls, what ever it takes to make things go smooth, Adorama has been doing it. One of the really cool things is that their '3 day select' has in each case turned into a one day delivery. I don't know it they have a special relationship with UPS but I am really impressed with, getting a notice of an order, sending an email saying, "BTW can you add this lens, or should I make another order?", get an email back saying "it has been added to you order". The same evening (yesterday) getting an email saying it was shipped and this morning when I track the UPS number the lens is already on my local delivery truck!!

JIMF and I are taking a Documentary/Photojournalism course from NESOP. So far it seems like it will be a good course. (thanks Jim for leading the way)

The 12 week course is $500 and the student ID gets me 'Educational' S/W prices, so yesterday I bought Adobe Creative Suite Premium and Apple iLife.

......................list...............paid

iLife ............... $50 ............ $25 .... (-25)
CS Prem. ..... $1230 ...........$380 .... (-850)

So the $500 for the course is paying off in several ways :D

Now back to waiting for the UPS truck...
Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2004
    Taking some kind of course is looking like a better and better idea.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2004
    yes, the educational discount is great! I work in a school...so I can get the discount ;)