Options

Nothing to do with photography

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
edited September 22, 2012 in The Big Picture
RE: Canon shutting down 3 plants in China due to anti-Japan demonstrations and violence... see this is why the US = world police. If we step down, guess who gets the job.
-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• Options
    babowcbabowc Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2012
    See this is why the US = world police. If we step down, guess who gets the job.

I have to completely disagree..
    America can be very nosy, almost always.

Problems in foreign nations are not problems of the USA.
    -Mike Jin
    D800
    16/2.8, f1.4G primes, f2.8 trio, 105/200 macro, SB900.
    It never gets easier, you just get better.
  • Options
    babowc wrote: »
    Problems in foreign nations are not problems of the USA.

In theory I agree. But if we don't do it, China will.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    WayupthereWayupthere Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    I used to agree with that line of thinking..but I would like to go for a while without "helping" anyone else.
    As for the plants I just seen a list of company's in the same boat, and it was pretty long. After the power shift in the china government at the first of the year things will be back to "normal"
    Gary
  • Options
    Wayupthere wrote: »
    I used to agree with that line of thinking..but I would like to go for a while without "helping" anyone else.

Me too. We can start by cutting off the $1.55 Billion a year in aid to Egypt. But who will be there when China attacks Japan? When N. Korea attacks S. Korea? When Iran attacks Israel? We will.
    -Jack

• Options
    babowcbabowc Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    Lets not turn this into something political... everyone has differing views, so be it.
    I don't agree with many foreign affairs that US is involved in, but others may!

Regardless.. It's like Japan and the S. Korean island of Dokdo, very controversial and two sides sees it completely differently. It looks like what's happening with China is just another land dispute from Japaneses' point of view.
    You can't help either China or S. Korea to feel very emotional about a land that was historically theirs, that Japan is claiming of their own.

I'm from S.Korea, btw.. Laughing.gif!
    -Mike Jin
    D800
    16/2.8, f1.4G primes, f2.8 trio, 105/200 macro, SB900.
    It never gets easier, you just get better.
  • Options
    DemianDemian Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2012
    Me too. We can start by cutting off the $1.55 Billion a year in aid to Egypt. But who will be there when China attacks Japan? When N. Korea attacks S. Korea? When Iran attacks Israel? We will.

I think the problem most people have with Team America is that we abuse our police powers. Those are all legitimate reasons for intervention (I think) but when we waste our time and resources invading Afghanistan and Iraq, not only does it hurt our image but it makes it difficult to address real threats. Had China attacked when we were fully invested in Iraq and Afghanistan, we would have been in a pretty rough spot.