Options

Marylin, Part II: The Woods (18+)

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited September 27, 2012 in Go Figure
Once we have covered early sunrise, we moved to the nearby canyons to get some different backgrounds.

#1: "Out of the woodwork...." (tribute to M.Monroe)

i-PHX4336-L.jpg

#2: Woods Fairy

i-GdJmPXh-XL.jpg

#3: Sunbathing

i-BV8vVqq-L.jpg

#4: I guess I just love putting my blondes into those wheat-colored grasses

i-3hxLkGh-L.jpg

#5: Dry creek bed

i-x2tGjj8-XL.jpg

Canon 5DMkIII + 24-70L/2.8 MkII, post processing ACR7 and PS CS6

This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2012
    Another beautiful set Nikolai. And tha pictures ain't half bad neither.mwink.gif

Seriously though, I have a bit of a problem with the shadows across her in #4. Other than that, I'll just sit quietly and admire.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Options
    edited September 23, 2012
    Another beautiful set Nikolai. And tha pictures ain't half bad neither.mwink.gif

Seriously though, I have a bit of a problem with the shadows across her in #4. Other than that, I'll just sit quietly and admire.

I could place her out of shadows, but I actually wanted the little effect of the foliage to remind the viewer about the surroundings... The original (nasty) effect was greatly minimized by the use of the reflector.
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2012
    The first looks like you were just having fun larking about, the second is my favourite -she has almost alabaster like skin tones, beautiful, I think that style would do well in other poses, perhaps more open , less covered ( not for here but privaqtely) she has the perfect skin tones (and body) for 'art'.
    the others looked far less efective but the ones on rock or stoney background look like they could go somewhere of you kept going.

I think she'd benefit from being shot with some really strong (tonally and shape wise) rocks or a more even spread of stones (so there no other distracting element) i.e. I think the 'landscape' needs to be a strong as the model in beauty and especially tone, then you'd have some real stunners
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited September 27, 2012
    I Simonius wrote: »
    The first looks like you were just having fun larking about, the second is my favourite -she has almost alabaster like skin tones, beautiful, I think that style would do well in other poses, perhaps more open , less covered ( not for here but privaqtely) she has the perfect skin tones (and body) for 'art'.
    the others looked far less efective but the ones on rock or stoney background look like they could go somewhere of you kept going.

I think she'd benefit from being shot with some really strong (tonally and shape wise) rocks or a more even spread of stones (so there no other distracting element) i.e. I think the 'landscape' needs to be a strong as the model in beauty and especially tone, then you'd have some real stunners

Thank you for your commenting, appreciate it!thumb.gif