Options

SmugMug API SSL Problem

vividgemstonesvividgemstones Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
Hi,

I Emailed SmugMug support about this issue with our subscription and I was directed to post in this forum.

We make use of the API over HTTP on our website. When performing a login we use HTTPS for passing the credentials to the "smugmug.login.useHash" method and have up until now had no problems.

Yesterday all of the pages which make calls to the SmugMug api stopped working and all my application language (Adobe ColdFusion) reports is "Connection Failure: Status code unavailable", which as you can imagine is fairly useless.

After many hours of digging it seems that the issue is related only to the HTTPS calls to the SmugMug API - I can make HTTP calls with no error, but as soon as I go back to using HTTPS (which we have used successfully till this point for around 2 years) I can no longer connect.

From what I can find out it looks like perhaps the list of trusted certificates that ColdFusion inspects when making a HTTPS request can not find the certificate that is in use on the SmugMug API. Have any recent changes been made to the certs in use for the API the last few days by any chance?

This problem has been driving me nuts for hours as all the pages using the API calls on our site are now broken! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2012
    Hi,

I Emailed SmugMug support about this issue with our subscription and I was directed to post in this forum.

We make use of the API over HTTP on our website. When performing a login we use HTTPS for passing the credentials to the "smugmug.login.useHash" method and have up until now had no problems.

Yesterday all of the pages which make calls to the SmugMug api stopped working and all my application language (Adobe ColdFusion) reports is "Connection Failure: Status code unavailable", which as you can imagine is fairly useless.

After many hours of digging it seems that the issue is related only to the HTTPS calls to the SmugMug API - I can make HTTP calls with no error, but as soon as I go back to using HTTPS (which we have used successfully till this point for around 2 years) I can no longer connect.

From what I can find out it looks like perhaps the list of trusted certificates that ColdFusion inspects when making a HTTPS request can not find the certificate that is in use on the SmugMug API. Have any recent changes been made to the certs in use for the API the last few days by any chance?

This problem has been driving me nuts for hours as all the pages using the API calls on our site are now broken! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Akamai handles our certs and it looks like they updated them recently. You'll have to configure your app to accept the new ones.
  • Options
    vividgemstonesvividgemstones Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 16, 2012
    Ok cool, thanks
  • Options
    lanaerlanaer Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2012
    So now the official SmugMug Lightroom plugin gives an SSL error. On inspecting the cert, it looks like its domain is a248.e.akamai.net, which doesn't match any smugmug domain. Is there a way to update the valid certs within the lightroom plugin?