spam through grin!?!?

jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
edited October 12, 2012 in Dgrin Forum Support
Just received the old "repatriating money blahblahblah avoid confiscation" scam email through dgrin!

anyone else having this issue? first spam I've ever gotten through dgrin

not sure i should name the dgrin account it came from....

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited October 12, 2012
    By all means, let one of the mods or admins know the name. Dgrin has no tolerance for spammer, and we'll ban his sorry ass immediately,
  • jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2012
    don't know which mod to send it too...
    Richard wrote: »
    By all means, let one of the mods or admins know the name. Dgrin has no tolerance for spammer, and we'll ban his sorry ass immediately,
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 12, 2012
    I've been getting more spam email's in the past week. How can I tell if it's through Dgrin?
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2012
    We're aware of the user and are taking care of it. Sorry for anyone that received a PM from that person. You can just delete the PM / email notification of it.
    captain78 wrote: »
    I've been getting more spam email's in the past week. How can I tell if it's through Dgrin?
    You would know as the person was sending private messages (PM) via Dgrin and if you have email notification checked for PM's, you'd receive an email with the contents of that PM.
    So this has nothing to do with the usual spam emails.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited October 12, 2012
    The forum software allows you to send and receive private messages. What this particular user did was send his spammy messages via Private Message.

If you look in the title bar of each PM, you'll see the words "! Report". That's a link that will report the post and one of us will remove it (and likely the user too).

Apologies for the spam.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited October 12, 2012
    captain78 wrote: »

You shouldn't be getting spam via email as a result of your dgrin membership.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited October 12, 2012
    You would know as the person was sending private messages (PM) via Dgrin and if you have email notification checked for PM's, you'd receive an email with the contents of that PM.
    So this has nothing to do with the usual spam emails.
    Right, however it is also possible for a Dgrin member to send email to another member. You can control whether you want to allow this or not in your user preferences (User Control Panel->Options). When someone sends you an email via Dgrin, the message carries the information that it was sent via Dgrin as well as the email address of the sender. So there should be no ambiguity of whether Dgrin was used to send a spam message.
  • jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2012
    thanks all - have deleted msg
    Richard wrote: »