Options

Smugmug on mobile

BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
edited October 21, 2012 in Bug Reporting
1. Not all images in gallery thumbs showing
2. Many images in gallery thumbs duplicated
3. Image to large for viewing area of device with no scrolling ability within the image view
4. Smug's Logo too large for bar at top of screen

Running Android 2.1 (highest available from SE) on a U20i.
I can't give screen dumps as I don't want to root the phone.

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2011
    I'm not familiar with that phone. What's the maker of it?
    Are you on a mobile or wifi connection? Try connecting via a stable wifi hotspot instead.
    What browser do you use on your device? Try clearing your browser cache and cookies.

Could you maybe use another phone camera or your digital camera to provide us with snapshots? That might help to illustrate your issues and show us what you see.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2011
    1. Difficult to show
    SmugX1010448-M.jpg

SmugX1010451-M.jpg

SmugX1010452-M.jpg

Actual Image:
    Squeaky10071-M.jpg

SmugX1010449-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2011
    FWIW, the forum's s/w handles the images better than Smug :(

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2011
    I've passed this on to our QA team for investigation.

Did you already try our Android app? It allows for browsing, too:
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93285-uploading-from-android

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2011
    I've passed this on to our QA team for investigation.

Did you already try our Android app? It allows for browsing, too:
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93285-uploading-from-android
    The android app certainly looks and works better than the mobi site. However, you can't ask someone having a quick look at your pages to first download an app, especially as the app requires you to login before you can see anything.

Off topic: the authentication page in the app is unreadable with the colour scheme used.

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2012
    I see this problem still exists. Totally different device, very different version of the OS, and several different browsers.
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2012
    What device and OS are you using now?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2012
    I just saw this view for the first time when playing with a few phones at the sprint store. My customizations are gone and a large 'smugmug pro' logo is at the top. There was some duplication of thumbnails when I scrolled down, but everything seemed to work decently well. There is a link to the 'full site' at the very bottom, but few will ever see that.

When did this view get implemented? What is it's target device/browser and how does it know when to show this view? How do you show this view on the desktop?
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,240 moderator
    edited October 20, 2012
    SamirD wrote: »
    I just saw this view for the first time when playing with a few phones at the sprint store. My customizations are gone and a large 'smugmug pro' logo is at the top. There was some duplication of thumbnails when I scrolled down, but everything seemed to work decently well. There is a link to the 'full site' at the very bottom, but few will ever see that.

When did this view get implemented? What is it's target device/browser and how does it know when to show this view? How do you show this view on the desktop?
    There is an option in your account settings to indicate whether to use the smug mobile site or not. If you want your customizations to show I believe you need to turn the mobile site off.

From the help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93247-can-i-control-the-gallery-viewing-style-:
    Mobile site

Don't leave SmugMug at home. Hit the road and view a smooth, lightweight version of your site when you browse on mobile devices like iPhones.

We'll automatically load it up for all visitors using a phone but if you just want people to see your regular site, disable the mobile version in your Account Settings's Style tab

--- Denise
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2012
    Thank you Denise! I remember seeing that option but it didn't seem to affect my site normally so I left it on.

So next question is is there a way to brand the mobile site yet? I'm not too alarmed by the fact that 'smugmug pro' is at the top, but it should be my name, not SM's.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2012
    SamirD wrote: »
    So next question is is there a way to brand the mobile site yet? I'm not too alarmed by the fact that 'smugmug pro' is at the top, but it should be my name, not SM's.

Why wait for an answer when you can get one instantly... just go to http://help.smugmug.com/ and type in

brand mobile site

You will find that the answer is yes.

Or you could search DGrin, it's here, too
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=218773

You can also find it on SmugMug's Blog
    http://news.smugmug.com/2012/04/24/a-bump-to-branding-add-a-custom-banner-to-your-mobile-site/
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2012
    What ever happen to the mobile front page with the multiple selections including keywords, categories, etc.?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog