Options

Questions on Arca Swiss type Brackets, Adapter and QR plates....

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited October 28, 2012 in Accessories
I am familiar with the Manfrotto QR systems..but not Arca Swiss....trying t ohelp a friend here..so

I see QR Plates ranging in size from 39mm to over 75mm but most of the ball heads I see come with a 50mm plate....

I am guessing that is the length of the plates. Is that correct?

A RRS L plate has 76mm arca type plate and I am again guessing this will attach securely to a ball head with a 50mm bracket. Is this correct??

She, My friend is looking at arca type accessories because the RRS style brackets allow for easy access to the battery compartment on her D3 series camera...

Thanx
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    perronefordperroneford Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2012
    Art Scott wrote: »
    I am familiar with the Manfrotto QR systems..but not Arca Swiss....trying t ohelp a friend here..so

I see QR Plates ranging in size from 39mm to over 75mm but most of the ball heads I see come with a 50mm plate....

I am guessing that is the length of the plates. Is that correct?

Correct
    A RRS L plate has 76mm arca type plate and I am again guessing this will attach securely to a ball head with a 50mm bracket. Is this correct??

Correct
    She, My friend is looking at arca type accessories because the RRS style brackets allow for easy access to the battery compartment on her D3 series camera...

Thanx

Welcome
  • Options
    RKlukasRKlukas Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 28, 2012
    The 50mm is the length of the clamp and the plate can be shorter or longer than it with no detriment.
    Note that many third party manufacturers such as RRS do not perfectly match the Arca-Swiss specifiatio for plate sizes.
    They are some times wider or narrower than Arca-Swiss plates. The quick relase may require adjust ment after plate purchase.
    Hope this helps.
    Rod
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2012
    Correct

Correct

Welcome
    RKlukas wrote: »
    The 50mm is the length of the clamp and the plate can be shorter or longer than it with no detriment.
    Note that many third party manufacturers such as RRS do not perfectly match the Arca-Swiss specification for plate sizes.
    They are some times wider or narrower than Arca-Swiss plates. The quick relase may require adjustment after plate purchase.
    Hope this helps.
    Rod

Thank You very much ... ... thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website