Options

A few issues with using SmugMug for client proofing.

JBlakePhotoJBlakePhoto Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited November 3, 2012 in SmugMug Support
-How can I see a list of photos that a client has rated high or low? I see the 'Comments" section but that is for my entire account. Where do I find the comments for specific galleries?

-Also, once I find those comments or ratings, is there a way to see the filenames or captions for those? Right now it just says "photo" and I actually have to click the link to get to this info. I might as well just thumb through every photo to find a clients comments. That is very time consuming when they might only comment on 10 out of 100. Example: A client likes a photo but puts a comment that says "Can you crop this a but higher?"

-How can I see what clients have thumbs-up or down? I need this information to use the service the way I want. I need a central place to see what clients are doing. Comments, ratings, thumbs. Where is this located? Example: A client has rejected 50 out of 100 shots but those shots are still present in the gallery and she has asked me to remove them to simplify the process for her. Why can I not simply see a top down view of the gallery or a list of those ratings/thumbs and delete them?

-Is there a way to get this information back into lightroom? It supports rating and comment meta-data but all I see is a way to sync images, what about updating the meta-data so I can manage the gallery from the source and not at the bottom of the service. Example: A client rates or comments on an image, why can that info not be sent back to lightroom via the plug-in?

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2012
    1. You can only use the account settings > stats > comments section to see your comments in overview. If there's a photo comment, hold your mouse over the thumbnail to see the link it's pointing at and that should tell you the gallery the photo is from. It's not possible to filter or sort comments by gallery.

Voting a photo up or down with the green/red thumbs is only used for the photorank and you cannot see how many votes a photo received.

If you're on a Business account and would like clients to select their favorite photos, take a look at the http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/83125-can-my-customers-mark-their-favorites-market-events- feature. It allows clients to pick their favorite photos.

2. No, you have to go to the photo in the gallery to view the filename.

3. You cannot. See 1.

4. Not at this point. The SmugMug Lightroom plugin only supports photo caption and keywords.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero